Chapter 15

(A/N): Here's the extra chapter as promised! Was gonna post sooner but WiFi was down. 

Hope you enjoy! :-)

  Marinette and Alya momentarily paused their conversation as they both stared at Adrien and Nino...who were standing a few feet away talking quietly among themselves with serious expressions on their faces. 

"What do you think their talking about?" Alya curiously asked Marinette as she casually placing a hand on her hip. 

"I have no idea," replied Marinette uncertainly. The boys had been talking for a while now, but it was what they were talking about that made her uneasy. 

Was Adrien exposing her secret to Nino?

Wasn't this what Befana warned her about?

Marinette could feel heat rising to her cheeks as the scenario began to form vividly in her mind. No, he couldn't have told Nino. 

  But what if he did? Her mind continued to press her with this question. But instead of answering it, she tried to avoid it as best as she could. 

I'll ask him about it later, she decided. 

"Girl, you're always zoning out on me," Alya's suddenly laughter suddenly snapped Marinette back to reality. 

"Uh, sorry," she smiled apologetically. 

"No worries. Anyway, I was asking if you know who that guy is over there with Nino."

  Marinette's eyes once again fell on Adrien. His emerald green eyes were focused on Nino as he spoke, and the evening sunlight almost made his golden curls seemingly glow. He stood with his hands in the pockets of his black leather pants, only taking his right hand out once to rub his neck-- a small habit of his that Marinette had noticed not to long ago. When his eyes finally met hers, Marinette's heart nearly skipped a beat. 

He rolled his eyes and waved to her with a knowing smile. She smiled back and shyly waved back, slightly embarrassed for being caught staring at him. 

She realized just then that she didn't answer Alya's question. 

"He's...uh...my escort," she told her. 

Alya raised an eyebrow. "Your escort?"

Marinette nodded. 

Alya laughed once more, shaking her head in disbelief. "You're an entire mystery, but I'm not gonna make you tell me anything you don't want to...even though I'm dying to know how you grew your hair that long."

"Well, you know, I just shampoo and moisturize regularly," Marinette joked. 

"In that case, maybe you could share some of that shampoo with me."

Both girls laughed. 

Finally, Adrien and Nino walked towards them, though Nino appeared confused as ever. 

"Marinette," said Adrien. "We need to find a place to sleep for the night, and also do something about food and a new change of clothes."

"You guys could just come crash at my place," Alya offered. "We have only one spare room though, so you'll hafta work that out on your own."