Chapter 11

A/N: I'm just gonna go ahead and say it.....

I suck at finding pictures :-P

Enjoy!

Shortly after leaving Marinette, Befana stormed off, her anger building up dangerously as each second flew by. She once again came into the presence of her mysterious Master, who was secretly hiding behind a thick cluster of trees, observing the young girl and her masked companion with the eyes of a hawk. 

"Master" mumbled Befana, lowering her head humbly. Though she was still fuming from her daughter's defiance against her, she tried her best to control her temper. 

Her Master shifted his gaze from the pair towards her with a raised eyebrow. 

"I have failed you once again. I wasn't able to convince her to come back."

"Patience, my servant," his deep voice reassured her. He then shifted his gaze back to Marinette before adding quietly, "All good things come to those who wait..."

********

  After their small meal, Marinette and Chat Noir once again set off toward their destination. They located the river and followed its course toward the main road leading to the kingdom. 

By this time Chat Noir was used to Marinette's  her cheerful personality and her desire to explore her newfound world. He never voiced it, but he actually didn't mind starting up a conversation with her every now and then. He also found himself slowly opening up to her more, joking and making random puns once in a while that would always make her laugh and roll her eyes in hilarity. 

He'd forgotten what it was like to loosen up and not act like a cold, depressed burglar. 

Marinette, on the other hand, was having a hard time believing that a playful and sarcastic person such as Chat Noir could be on the kingdom's most wanted criminal's list. Sure, his rugged appearance and mysterious black cat mask could send chills down anyone's spine, but she admitted to herself that he was, in fact, very charming. 

Maybe a little too charming for her liking. 

Nevertheless, the pair was slowly, but surely, warming up to each other as time flew by. Tikki, who had been keeping look out within the skies, was now neatly perched on Marinette's right shoulder as she chirped and tweeted happily about the busy activity in the forest. 

She also was keeping a close eye on a certain kitty, just in case he wanted to try anything clever. 

As the group neared their destination, Marinette suggested she and Chat Noir play a game to pass the time. 

"Heck no!" exclaimed Chat Noir, tossing aside stray rocks with his leather boot as they walked along the road. 

"Why not?" asked Marinette. 

"I hate games."

Marinette smirked. "Why? Because you lose every time?"

Chat grumbled. "Because they're stupid."

Marinette laughed. "But it's an easy game. All you have to do is ask a question to the other person, and they have to answer before asking you a question."

"So...we're just basically asking questions to each other?"

"Yeah, but here's the twist...we have to come up with 100 questions. That means you have to ask 50, and I have to ask 50. I got it from a book I read while I was in the tower."