Chapter 13

The large village surrounding the Ladybug palace was bustling with activity and excitement, giving off a strong sense of energy and enthusiasm. Marinette's eyes widened with amazement and curiosity as she observed the villagers in their work and the children in their play. She began to feel jittery and took a deep breathe to calm herself. This was her first time actually being in real-life civilization and Marinette grew more nervous and bubbly with every step that lead her deeper into the kingdom. 

The village wasn't usually this busy, but today they were decorating the streets with flowers, confetti, and lanterns with colorful butterfly designs in preparation for the upcoming Flight Festival, which was tomorrow. Marinette watched as men walked to and from all directions carrying various items such as crates, barrels, and baskets filled with extra decorations. Some were scattered on the rooftops hanging banners or signs. Women swept around their houses and stores, making sure their thresholds were free of dust and dirt. Some women had scattered flowers around the houses and street, while others tended to their outside ovens and stoves baking mouth-watering treats or stirring humongous pots of delicious stew. Children raced each other in playful glee, clutching their toys tightly in their hands while shouting to each other in excitement.

   "Well this is all rainbows and sunshine," Adrien mumbled sarcastically, lifting a hand to his face to stroke his forehead. He was still getting used to not having a mask on, and the random breezes that swept over his exposed face gave him unfamiliar chills. 

He saw a vendor selling croissants and ale a few feet away, and he naturally began to quickly formulate a plan to swipe a few croissants and two jugs of ale from the salesman's cart. But he suddenly remembered he wasn't wearing his mask, and he let out a disappointed sigh while allowing his plan to completely disappear from his mind. 

There was no more Chat Noir, at least not at the moment. For now, he was Adrien. And unfortunately for him, Adrien wasn't a thief. 

  Luckily, he found a few stray coins lying in the ground, unnoticed by passersby. He scooped them up swiftly before anyone could catch him. He then was going to ask Marinette if she wanted to grab something to eat, but found she had completely left his side and had wandered off somewhere.

Adrien smacked his forehead in frustration. "Seriously?" he whisper-yelled under his breath. He began to feel irritated, but he shouldn't have been surprised. It was only natural she would want to go exploring, seeing as this was her fist time actually being in civilization. 

But still, he couldn't help thinking of what an inconvenience this was as he began his search for his companion. They still needed take care of basic essentials, had no money except a few coins that would surely disappear in a matter of seconds, and needed to find a place to sleep. 

They could worry about the sight-seeing later.

Meanwhile, Marinette allowed her legs to take her to whatever new discovery she hadn't seen, a sweet state of pure ecstasy taking over her mind. 

She had become so absorbed in her self-touring, she mentally forgot there was supposed to be someone with her. It was after seeing a black cat sleeping on a nearby porch that she realized Adrien wasn't at her side. 

And to make matters worse, she had absolutely no idea where she was. 

"Adrien!" she called, hoping he would hear her voice and locate her. She scurried through the street, holding armfuls of her hair as she tried to find him. But the crowd began to thicken, and she wasn't able to go far without bumping into someone or having poor strangers stumble on her hair. 

It wasn't long before she managed to trip another poor victim, who was carrying a stack of long-rectangled papers that unfortunately fluttered everywhere as she landed on the ground.

"Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry!" Marinette apologized, feeling horrible for being such a bother to everyone around her. She quickly helped the girl to her feet and then assisted her with picking up the scattered papers. 

"It's no biggie, girl," the stranger laughed. She had loose auburn hair that freely fell past her shoulders and wore glasses seemingly too big for her face. Her light-brown complexion glowed in the late afternoon sun and her brown eyes sparkled with laughter, while also holding a hint of mischief. And when she smiled, Marinette couldn't help but smile in return. 

They finished gathering the papers off the ground, and Marinette saw the girl's mouth drop in complete shock. 

"How is your hair that long?" she gasped. 

Marinette chuckled as she swept a few stray locks from her eyes, feeling a bit self-conscious all of a sudden. 

"It's a long story," she laughed. "Anyways, I'm extremely sorry for tripping you. Right now I can't seem to do anything today except get in people's way."

The girl smiled again with a wave of her hand, brushing it aside. "Like I said, it's not a problem. People around here get in each other's way all the time." She held out her hand. "Name's Alya, by the way."

Marinette stared at her outstretched hand for a good minute before realizing she should shake it. She hesitantly joined Alya's hand with hers, allowing herself to loosen up to her unfamiliar touch. 

"You're not from around here, are you?" Alya asked pleasantly. 

Marinette shook her head. 

Alya brightened. "Then you're just in time for the Flight Festival. And believe me, your going to love it."

*Author's Note*

Ask and u shall receive...most of the time lol

Bonjour, fellow Miraculers!

We finally have Alya in the picture, yay!! Don't worry, we'll be seeing Nino very soon. And throw some DjWfi into the mix while were at it *wink*

Anyways, just a little reminder:

I usually have new updates every Friday, and if not Friday then Saturday or Sunday. If I am unable to post on the weekend at all I'll definitely post a message on my feed to give u a head's up. 

Wanna thank you guys again for your amazing patience, comments and votes! You guys are the best readers ever! (remember that ;-)

But keep those comments and votes rolling in....and i might consider updating earlier than usual -_-

Soooo I guess that's it. Stay Miraculous and keep being awesome! <3

P.S. What do u guys think of the brand new cover? Comment down below!