Chapter Two

"Ciao Olivia, how are you this morning?"  Antonio worked at the bar with me. He'd just arrived and planted a friendly kiss on my cheek, I did the same back.

 "Splendido, grazie." He smiled and nodded at my attempt at replying in Italian.

 "Your Italiano is coming along great!" He replied in a strong accent.

 "I can say more than that, I had a full conversation in Italian with my dad the other day." He beamed at me and gestured for me to take a bow, and I did.

Just then, we both noticed a figure skipping towards us and composed ourselves to greet our guest. But this was no guest.

"Maria! How is my favourite morning receptionist?" I smiled as Maria's hair bobbed about her ears. When I arrived at the hotel, I'd found out that Maria was only a few years older than me, and I quickly became closer to her than any other member of staff. 

 "The only morning receptionist you mean," she laughed. "Buongiorno, Antonio. Olivia!" She was out of breath when she reach us. 

 "Morning, buongiorno," we both replied.

 "Did your father tell you Olivia." She was still recovering with deep breaths and her hands at her side before she continued. "A band is staying here, at the Centurion Palace!" 

 "No he didn't tell me anything about this. Am I supposed to be excited?"

 "Olivia Marcello, you do realise this is no ordinary band. I almost fainted when your father told me." As if on queue, my dad walked briskly into the room. Maria was so overwhelmed that she just looked at my dad and then back at me. 

"Great, Sir Marcello will tell you. It's all so exciting." I watched her skip out the room and then glanced back at my dad, dressed in another one of his pristine suits. 

 "Morning, Antonio," my dad nodded at him. Antonio greeting him back. My dad then turned to me and his smile widened. "And how is my little girl, all dressed smartly for another day of work I see?"

 "Not as smart looking as you" I gave him a quick hug and looked back up at him.

 "Well now, managing a hotel like this one, I must always look my best. Anyway, need to let you both know, a rather well known band from Britain will be staying here for a few weeks and so we must all work our best to maintain our outstanding services." 

 "Who are they, sir?" Antonio asked.

 "One Direction. They actually arrived late last night, so they will be down for breakfast soon. Please do whatever you can to meet their needs. Go above and beyond if you must. Grazie." He nodded at us both and left the room.

 "One Direction... they sound familiar, but you know me. I'm never up to date with these things. Have you heard of them?" Antonio looked confused.

 "Yeah, I have. No wonder Maria was practically squealing. They're pretty big across the globe. Especially with the girls. I've not exactly given their music much of a listen so I couldn't say how good they are." Antonio nodded and went over to start cleaning some dishes.

 "Olivia!" I heard Maria and saw her run back towards me at the bar. "He told you? Okay, but listen, I'm off work for the rest of this month and my morning shift finishes soon so I won't be able to see them! Please, oh please let me know what they're like if you see them. Would you get me an autograph? Please tell me you will." She barely took a breath between her sentences. 

 "Okay, I will try. Calm down, I'm sure they'll just like the ordinary boys back home." Maria shot me a look that read you have no idea who you're talking about.