Chapter Five

I had just made it down in time to start my shift. Antonio was refilling the drink machines and checking the ice. My hair was still damp from the shower after the swimming and Antonio acknowledged it with a smile.

"So you went swimming this morning then?"

"Yep." I nodded with a smile.

"Ah, good girl, keeping yourself fit and healthy." We both laughed as I went to serve some of the guests waiting for their drinks.

It was late in the morning when I heard a familiar voice call my name in the distance.

"Olivia!" Louis came skipping up to the bar. Harry followed, a gorgeous grin on his face.

"Hey guys. How's it going?" They both reached the bar with Louis slightly out of breath. They didn't reply immediately but instead they both reached over and pulled me in for hugs.

"Good thanks. Oh the dinner last night was incredible. This place really doesn't disappoint when it comes to food. Niall looked like he'd gone to heaven and back!" 

"I'm so pleased you think so! Dad will love the feedback."

"Yeah, let him know for us, will you?" Harry flashed his smile.

"Of course. So you guys want any drinks?" They shook their heads, their smiles turning into grins and their eyes slightly narrowing. 

"So, how was your swim this morning?" Harry eyed me and I instantly looked away.

"Fine." Was all I could say with a weak laugh at the end.

"Hmm. It seemed pretty fine didn't it?" Harry looked at Louis and back at me. "Liam seemed to have enjoyed himself. You and that kid seem pretty tight, huh?"

I had to concentrate carefully to answer their question because the single mention of Liam's name made my legs feel weak.

"Oh yes, Liam was there. Yeah, it was fun. I had fun. But I wouldn't say we're tight. We were just keeping each other company."

"Oh really?" Louis raised his brow. 

"We just swam together. It wasn't a big deal."

"You know, Liam definitely enjoyed himself. Through the whole of breakfast, he couldn't stop smiling. We teased him and guess what, not a single frown! That's a record for him. " I shrugged at Louis' comment. 

"Interesting." Harry smirked as he rubbed his chin, watching me closely. Louis made a noise in agreement and just like that, the two of them turned around and left the room without a second glance.

Strange boys, the lot of them. I shook my head and then busied myself with serving the other guests who had lined up at the bar. It was a long day, and mostly uneventful. Although I tried to forget about the guys whilst tending to the bar, it was hard to shake them from my head. I wasn't sure if my earlier run in with Louis and Harry had been serious, or if the pair were trying to wind me up with some fictitious story about Liam overly enjoying his morning with me. Surely he couldn't have had that much fun. So much so that it had left him in an unquestionably good mood throughout his breakfast with the rest of the band. In a way, it didn't matter. Good mood or not, it was a brief moment that we'd spent together. There was nothing more to it, and with that thought in mind, I finished my shift, waved goodbye to Antonio, and left for my room.

I changed out of my uniform and into some sweatpants and a tank top ,tying my hair up into a bun. With the chaos of the band's arrival, the tour around the hotel, and everything that had followed, I hadn't checked my phone in nearly two days and when I looked at the screen, Maria's messages covered every inch.