Chapter Sixteen

Sorry about the wait, but as a little apology present, we've made this chapter a little longer than the last one. :)

Enjoy ~H&E xx

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~Liam’s P.O.V~

I had made my way down to where Olivia was sat and looking, quite nervously, out of the plane window on her left.

“Hey.” I said breathlessly as I sat in the seat next to her. She turned at the sound of my voice and that previous tension that I had seen on her face before I had sat down, was now gone.

She looked at me with love in her hazel eyes, her thick eyelashes batting gracefully. Her plump lips turned up into a shy smirk, and I tried so hard to hold back the temptation that I had to just crash my lips onto hers.

“Hi Liam.” Her voice was so gentle and I felt a shiver run down my spine. “So, Louis has already stolen my best friend.” She giggled as she continued to look me in the eyes. I began to chuckle, shaking my head when I thought about Louis’ swift capture of Maria.

“Don’t worry, he’ll hand her back eventually.”

“He definitely will. Soon, he’s bound to get creeped out by the way that Maria knows everything about him, and the rest of you. That’s what directioners are like, right?” Oh yeah, I had completely forgotten that Maria was a fan. Whereas Olivia here was, well, she barely knew who we were. I think that was something that kind of drew me to her in the first place. But a lot of things had attracted me to her. The way she wanted to make others happy, her friendliness, her humour, her innocence, her smile, and definitely, her beauty. But because she knew very little about us, it meant that she wasn’t with me for the fame or the fortune.

The plane shook a little, probably a little turbulence. Although I barely even noticed it, Olivia looked very anxious.

“Hey, are you alright?” I put my hand on hers and felt it trembling slightly within my grasp. She was chewing her bottom lip just a little and she had her brow furrowed. God, that lip chewing was so hot- what the heck Liam?! She’s bothered by something and you’re getting all roused? My conscious screamed at me and got me to snap out of that last train of thought.

“Olive, what’s wrong?” I got her to look at me and saw the unease in her eyes.

“Aha, um. It’s nothing. I’m just- just a nervous flyer. That’s all.” I could see her trying to act brave and laugh it off, but the tension was still clear in her words.

“Come here.” I put my arm around her and pulled her to me so that her head was leaning on my shoulder. “You’ll be fine.” I whispered to her as I felt her slight trembling slow to a stop.

“Liam?” I heard her say almost inaudibly.

“Yeah?” I waited for a response, but it didn’t come. As I looked down at her, she had her eyes closed and a small smile was showing on her face.

After we sat like this for a few minutes, I felt her head move around on my shoulder. She nestled closer into me, and I soon felt her lips at my neck. The skin that her lips were placed on began to tingle and heat up. I wanted to look at her and see whether she had woken up, but if she was asleep, I should let her rest.

I kept control over myself and attempted to fall asleep, but with Olivia’s breath hot on my neck, it was very hard to do so.

“Liam-,” she mumbled again. Was she talking in her sleep? I didn’t want to say anything back in case she was still asleep. So I just smiled and let her be. But then three words delicately escaped her lips.