Chapter Fourteen

We hope you enjoy this one. It's got some humour, a little romance. But this chapter is sort of a build up for Olivia's and One Direction's departure for London. So hope you enjoy it.

H&Exx

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~Olivia’s P.O.V~

I hadn’t realised that I’d left my phone back in the apartment until I returned from the pool. With the towel still being used to dry my hair from the swimming, I walked over to the coffee table and picked it up, my eyes widening when I saw three missed calls from Maria. Oh god, I hadn’t been keeping in contact with her like I said I would. She was one of my best friends and deserved to know everything.

Instead of getting ready to have a shower to wash off the chlorine and then prepare for bed, I went over to the kitchen, poured myself some orange juice, and dialled Maria’s number.

“I am really mad right now, but I love you too much to shout.” I heard her say in a strong Italian accent as soon as she picked up.

“I am so sorry Maria! I have been completely forgetting to ring you or even at least update you with a text.” She sighed dramatically at the other end but I could tell that she had already accepted my apology.

“It’s them boys. They are very big distractions.” Wow, she was definitely right. But Liam was the biggest distraction for sure.

“But right now, I want you to tell me everything.” Her voice was demanding on the other end but I could hear a smile.

“Of course! What do you want to know?”

“I told you. EVERYTHING!” She was definitely getting excited.

“Um, ok. Where did we leave off from our last call…Oh yeah. That dinner date with Liam-.” I immediately heard her squealing as I said his name.

“Tell me how it went. You made up and everything right? He likes you, doesn’t he? Aw I bet he really wanted to sort things out. Did he ki-.”

“Maria! I will tell you if you let me talk. Now breath.” I was laughing at the way she barely left any time to breath when she threw the questions at me. Ha, she was just as interrogating as Louis.

“Fine.” She giggled.

“We talked, I explained to him what happened between me and…Federico. Liam still seemed upset but when he saw how much pain I’d had to put up with when I was with Federico, he sort of-. Well he comforted me.”

“What do you mean, ‘comforted’?” I could tell that she was smirking when she asked.

“Well first he apologised for not being sensitive about the whole thing, and then, he um-.” I still hadn’t got round to telling Maria how far my relationship with Liam had progressed and I was finding it difficult to talk about the topic.

“YOU KISSED!? TELL ME YOU KISSED!!!” She yelled down the phone, as I went to pull it away from my ear to protect myself from going deaf. She was speaking words of excitement in Italian but it was too quick for me to make any sense of it.

“Maria? Maria calm down!”

“Tell me now! Did he kiss you? Did Liam Payne kiss you?!”

“Yes.” I finally said, sighing with a smile at the end. I hadn’t noticed but the other end of the phone went completely silent. “Maria, are you there?”