Chapter Twenty-One

Enjoy this update guys. It's another short chapter, kind of... But we hope you like it as much as we did. H&E xxxxx

p.s we chose a song for this chapter so give it a listen. It's not famous or anything, but gave us the inspiration.  <3

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I spent the whole three hours, driving from London to my hometown near Doncaster, in silence. Within those three hours, my phone had rung around fourteen maybe fifteen times? Well it didn't matter because I never answered it.

My mind was left to wander as I drove and I let the tears fall freely down my cheeks. To be honest, I was pretty surprised to see that I was still driving in a straight line and not being a danger to any of the other drivers. My hands were trembling and I was struggling to breath evenly. The amount of guilt I felt right now was unbelievable. I shouldn't have just left without telling them. Especially Liam. He would be worried sick! Well, that's if he still actually cared about me anymore...

"Oh my, Olivia? Honey is it actually you? Oh gosh Olivia!" My mum literally jumped on me as I went in for a hug. She was nearly in tears (of joy obviously) when she saw me at the front door of her house.

She was a wonderful woman. I had gotten a lot of my physical features from her too. The slender face, the hazel eyes, the long eyelashes. Even my sporting ability was something that came from my mum. She had a regular gym schedule and was almost always there. Everything else about me came from my dads side, the olive skin and the thick, wavy, dark hair.

She welcomed me straight in and left me to get settled. I sorted everything out once I got upstairs. I filled the drawers and wardrobe in my old bedroom with the clothes I had brought, then finally propped my guitar in the corner of the room.

It seemed strange to be here again. I'd moved out only a year after my parents divorced, and even though that was quite a long time ago, the memories this place held were still fresh.

Mum had prepared some food for dinner and called me down that evening after I had finished unpacking.

"So how was Venice then love?" She was so happy to see me, it had been over six months, and I bet she was just dying to hear about all of my adventures in the foreign country.

"Amazing mum. The place was beautiful! And my room was perfect. The camera came in handy too, I mean the views were spectacular."

"So your father looked after you well then." She smiled jofully but I could see the sadness in her eyes. She was still getting over the divorce, well I guess I was too. But at least my mum had made an attempt to move on. Maybe I needed to do the same, with a lot of things.

"Your dad rung me not so long ago actually. This week actually. He told me about a you and a young boy you met in Venice." Oh god. I hoped that she wasn't going to bring up Federico.

"What was his name now? Lou, no Li-Liam? That was it yes, Liam! So when do I get to meet this lucky young lad?" I forced a smile as I thought up the words I was going to say next. Well, at least it wasn't about Federico. But I didn't see how this being about Liam was any better.

"Um yeah. Well, I'm not sure. He's got a busy schedule, lots of things to do, people to meet. I don't exactly see him much anymore." My eyes drifted to the plate of food I was eating from as I spoke.

"Oh really? Your dad was telling me how happy you two were together. You even flew back to London with him and his friends." I just nodded and shoved some more pasta into my mouth so I wouldn't have to say anything else about that.