Chapter Twenty

A mid-week update for you all :) We really wanted to get something up and not keep you waiting for an update, so yeah, it's pretty short compared to most of out chapters but that's just cos finding time is almost impossible with homework etc.

So enjoy guys!! H&E!! Please vote/comment toooo <33

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~Olivia's P.O.V~

For most of the morning, I had just been helping Maria pack up her suitcase. Neither of us were wanting to do it, so a lot of the time, we ended up delaying by chatting about everything and anything.

"Maria, I don't want you to go!" I finally complained with a weak voice. I mean seriously, who was I going to spend my time with after she had left. Yeah the guys were still here, but Liam would be around them most of the time, it would just be awkward.

At that thought, I immediately remembered that the boys would be here shortly to take Maria to the airport.

"I don't want to leave either! Well, even though I really miss my Giovanni. Oh, and my job! But I will miss you so bad too." She pulled me into a bone crushing hug. Both of us were so pathetic, just sat on the spare bedroom floor, nearly in tears as we stayed locked in a tight embrace.

As soon as we calmed down a little, and after I stifled a sniffle, several knocks sounded on the front door.

"Oh god, One Direction are here!!" Maria stood up and skipped to the door with me following closely, but a lot less enthusiastically, behind her.

But before she opened the door, with just her hand resting on the handle, Maria turned to look at me worriedly.

"Are you gonna be ok? Liam's going to be with them." I knew he was just on the other side of this door, but I would just have to be brave.

I nodded, trying to seem as confident as possible whilst putting on a fake smile. Somehow, she fell for my poker face and smiled back at me before she finally opened the door to reveal five sets of eyes staring back at us.

The five boys made their way into my apartment one by one. Louis was first and tackled Maria into a hug. He then made his way over to me. Harry then Niall followed and each gave Maria a little hug. Zayn was next in, as Harry and Niall had just greeted me. I was feeling pretty comfortable right now. These boys were great, they were always so happy and carefree and I guessed it had rubbed off on me.

But then, from the corner of my eye, I noticed that familiar sandy brown mop of hair, that perfectly tones body, and then those gorgeous chocolate brown eyes. He looked so lost, so awkward. His shoulders were slightly hunched and his hands were stuffed into his pocket. But even with him looking so vulnerable, the simple presence of Liam infront of my had my chest tightening. I felt the air being sucked from my lungs and my legs were left trenbling. The room around me seemed to spin and I felt a sick feeling filling the pit of my stomach.

Liam slowly trudged into the room last, giving Maria a small smile before he hesitantly lifted his head to look at me.

I immediately dropped my eye contact with his brown gems. It was too overwhelming. All the confidence I had previously felt was completely gone as the reality of him being so close to me again set in.

I wasn't ready to see him. I wasn't ready to hear what he had to say.

"So you all packed and ready to go?" Louis broke the awkward silence and I gave him a halfhearted smile, thanking him. Louis nodded once before turning back to Maria.