Chapter 1

Hoi! I'd advise you to read Desolation first but you are your own person so do whatever you want. Have fun!

Chapter 1

I still remembered my mother. 

She had beautiful white scales and the same golden eyes I had that reminded me of her every time I looked in the mirror. I never met my father but I had a brother who had been born a few minutes before me. He had the same white scales as our mother but bright blue eyes that gave away his intelligence. Our mother had snuggled us close to her in the tiny cage we were crammed in but in that moment I hadn't minded. All that counted was my mother showing me affection.

We had gone through the first two years of a human child within maybe thirty minutes after having been born which meant my brother had already been able to wobble around while I was trying to figure out how to maneuver my thumb into my mouth. I had sucked on it content while steps were approaching us and my mother had hissed, pushing us closer to her so we could hide underneath her wings.

"She just gave birth a few minutes ago." A deep voice had said, catching my attention.

"You better not disappoint me this time, Nicolas." A cold voice sneered making me huddle closer to my mother's side. "I came out to this shithole once before. I won't do it again."

I could hear the cage door slide open with a metallic rattle and my mother had growled deep in her throat, backing off while she held us close to her side. A scarred hand had been reaching for me and my brother and while I had managed to dodge it, it had grabbed my brother by the tail and pulled him out from under our mother's wing while he was protesting loudly at the sudden intrusion.

"That is not what I wanted." The cold voice scoffed and I whimpered in fear. "You are wasting my time, Nicolas. Again."

"My apologies, my lady." He apologized, sounding frightened. "There is at least one more sibling to this one which should have the desired color combination."

My brother had whimpered and I had wanted to know what had been going on so I had stuck my head out from underneath my mother's wing, squawking at the intruders. The man had been holding my brother out to a woman with black hair that had fallen down her back like a black blade while she had been frowning at him. As soon as I had stuck my head out she had snapped her head around and the frown had turned into a satisfied smile.

"Seems like you kept your promise." The woman had said, stepping closer to the cage. "I want him."

I hadn't known what any of that meant and had just been glad she wasn't angry anymore. I had tried to crawl over to her to get a closer look but my mother had swept me back under her wing, snarling at them. I hadn't understood why my mother was acting like this but in retrospect I figured she had known exactly what was coming and had been through that several times already. 

"Get him cleaned up, remove that gunk on him and I'll be waiting in the front." The woman had ordered, turning around to walk away.

"It is recommended that they stay with their mother for the first few days." The man had interjected but she didn't seem to care. "In order to prevent disorders that develop later in life such as anxiety."

"You heard what I wanted. Don't make me ask twice." She growled and just walked off.

I had been excited when he had left and came back with more people since I thought they were here for fun but my mother hadn't seemed comfortable at all. She had cowered on top of me, tail wipping through the air as she had bared her fangs at them and tried to keep them at bay but it was no use. They had just grabbed her and held her down while she had dug her claws into their arms but I got taken anyway.