22

—"Fears"—

"Fears"—

Age: 6
Yoongi's body twitched just as lightning shook the house, His body shaking with the vibrations it sent through the house. He looked through squinted eyes— trying to search for something he wasn't sure of through darkness. The only light to help him is yellow light peering through his slightly ajar room.

"M-mom?" Yoongi croaked— small hands rubbing against sleep filled eyes. Silence washed over him, leaving him to hear nothing but the rain hitting against his window pane.

"Mom?" He tried again in a hushed tone, Voice weak with fear. Yet, he got no response. The yellow light flickered once. Happening so fast he wasn't sure if it happened or if he'd just imagined it out of fear. Then he heard foot steps. Slow and almost silent against the deafening the rain outside. He shifts in his spot as heavy feet pressed against creaking wood.

"Mom? Is that you?" He whispered. He'd remembered what she'd always told him, to never shout indoors since it gave her headaches. Silence. Yet the foot steps keep creeping, getting louder and louder with every footstep. Yoongi bit his lip to stop himself from yelling for her— Not wanting to break the one thing she depended on him to listen to.

The realization of it not being his mother hit him later then he'd expected. The moment becoming a little too late for him. Now, standing in his door way— a man stood hovering. Tall and almost faceless under the darkness surrounding them.

"Y-you're not my mom." He mumbled, pushing himself back against his head board as he clutched on tightly to his blanket. Silence once more. The man stood there for a few minutes, eyes boring into his. He couldn't see it— but the feeling of eyes on him was profound against his skin.

"W-wait. Stay back!" He shrilled fearfully. Yet the attempt to stop the said man with words were futile as he showed no sign on stopping. Heavy feat thumping against his wooden floors.

"Just go away." Yoongi whispered. Body shaking as he tried desperately to calm himself— tears of which he failed to keep in streaming down his face as another thunder strikes. Hoping it would drown out all his problems— He covered his ears, closing his eyes as tightly as he could. "Please just go away."

"Yoongi?"

Yoongi blinked rapidly to clear his watery eyes, trying to take in his mother's figure standing next to his bed. Worry painted over her face as she runs a soft hand through his hair. Pulling him closer to her with a gentle pull.

"Don't be scared. I'm here for you."

___________