37

—"I'm (NOT) fine"—

  —"I'm (NOT) fine"—

"Eggs!" Yoongi shouted with determination. Face bent in a frown as he clutched tightly onto the carton of eggs in his hands. Outstretching his arms to a startled Namjoon who simply just wanted two eggs.

"Thanks." He smiled softly, wiping his hands on the slightly small apron to take the carton from his awaiting hands. Ignoring the jittery feelings already settled within the pit of his stomach.

When he agreed to spend time with Yoongi to "cure his Bordom", he meant as in watching a movie or playing video games (despite being the worst at them.) Not cooking. The other thing he wasn't so skilled at. If he would have known Yoongi would suggest baking a cake with so much passion—He'd called Jin or Jimin to help. He was the last person to be in the kitchen.

But how could he really turn the moment down? Yoongi had him wrapped around his finger even when he didn't try nor know it. Everyone outside of the house saw him as his stern alpha who seemed to be as cold as he eyes were. But in reality— he was nothing but a soft string tied around Yoongi's finger. Even if everything in him told him not to attempt cooking, that embarrassing himself was not worth it. It was kind of hard to say no when all Yoongi did was stare at him with such eyes.

"What next?" Yoongi mumbled out his words, swaying on his feet just inches behind Namjoon. Dancing slightly on his toes to place his chin on the man's shoulder to get a better view. Namjoon smiled to himself— cracking another egg against the metal bowl. Watching as it fell in the white batter.

"Next? You want to do more?" Namjoon asked, turning his face just only for a short second. Realizing how close their faces were in such short time before turning away. Not sure if the close proximity would help his situation. He didn't have to look at Yoongi to know the man said yes. His skin warming as Yoongi nodded against his shoulder.

"Can I mix?" He asked excitedly, and again— who was Namjoon to say no? It wasn't as if he knew the basics himself. Jin kicking him out of the kitchen multiple times after trying to help, was enough to tell him that. So instead of saying anything, he smiled encouragingly. Stepping out of the way to let Yoongi take over— who looked like a child on Christmas as it is.

When Namjoon let Yoongi mix the cake. He thought that with as much time as the omega spent with Jin, He'd know how to stir. Yet the smaller man was just as bad as he was. The first time Yoongi messed up— he was buttering the pan just to occupy himself, when he heard a slight whine. The last thing he would have ever through to see was Yoongi struggling to twist the spoon through the (somewhat) thick batter.

The second time was when Yoongi groaned and let out a soft "oops". Peeking up as he scoffed in embarrassment just to check and see if Namjoon saw him sling a bit of baton the counter. Namjoon of course, pretended he didn't see a thing. As if it wasn't as clear as day as it was, he looked else where as if he never knew it happened.