Chapter 3

The sun shines in my eyes as I slightly opened them. I turned the other way and was met with a horrible--but handsome-- devil. He was asleep peacefully and his arm was draped across my waist. He wrapped himself tighter around my waist and my stomach grazed his bare chest.

He was so infuriating and yet I couldn't take my eyes off of his sleeping body. My hand reached up and I brushed his soft brown hair out of his face to reveal a little more of his tattoos. I sighed in content as the bedroom door opened and Lucas burst through into the room, "Boss you need to get out here!"

"Ah!" I scream in fright, falling on the floor. I stared at the bed in front of me, I don't even remember falling asleep here last night. Maybe someone moved me. Lucas glance over to me then back at Levi who was now awake and sitting up.

"What is it?" He said, clearly annoyed with Lucas's bombarding.

"It's your sister!"

Levi jumped out the bed faster than I could blink and ran out the door with Lucas following behind him. The door closed and the room was left silent.

I got up and went to the bathroom for a hot shower, locking the door. After twenty minutes I got out and threw on some comfy sweats and a crop top.

 After twenty minutes I got out and threw on some comfy sweats and a crop top

I brushed out my hair and put it into two braids. When I walked out of the room I could hear yelling coming from downstairs. I quietly walked downstairs and see Lucas, Natalia, and Levi with an unfamiliar girl with a bandage around her thigh. Levi's arguing with her but they're speaking in Spanish, so I don't know what it's about.

"¡Deberías haberte quedado en casa como te dije!"
(You should've stayed home like I told you!"

"Levi no es tan malo, solo disparó mi pierna"
(Levi it's not that bad, he only shot my leg)

When I enter the living room everyone became silent and all their eyes were trained on me.

"What's going on?" I asked, intending on my voice coming out strong but instead it comes out in a small quiet squeak.

Finally cutting the uncomfortable silence, the girl speaks up, "You got a new member?"The girl stands up, limping towards me. She extends her right hand enthusiastically, "I'm Isabella but most people call me Bella."

I hesitate but eventually extend my hand to shake her perfectly manicured one. "Kara. Are you apart of the devil's gang?", being completely serious.

She giggles even though I don't join her. "If you mean Levi than yes. I'm his older sister."

My face scrunches up in confusion, "Why don't you have you're own gang if you'r--"

Levi interrupts me, "Why are you down here?", he folds his arms.

I Move my gaze from Isabella to Levi, "I wanted to go for a run."

"Who were you planning on going with?"