Chapter 29

RECAP

My eyes widened and I opened the door quickly to stop the man. "Stop!" I screamed.

They both turned over to me, fast and I saw the panic in Levi's eyes before I heard the gun in Jordan's hand go off. "Kara!" I heard Levi shout.

Levi pulled out his gun and shot Jordan four times straight in the head. He fell fast. I stood shocked as everything felt like it was going in slow motion. I looked down at my stomach and touch the stain of blood that was spreading. The red liquid now on my hand.

I saw Levi in front of me now, screaming at me but everything was blurred and I felt like I was underwater. I collapsed to the rugged floor and stared at the ceiling, Levi in my peripheral vision. He was still yelling at me. My eyes suddenly felt heavy and next thing I knew my vision was blinded by white that started to surround me.

                              PRESENT

                              Levi's POV

Kara's eyes drew blank and she was now staring up at the ceiling. Her head was resting in my lap and she was going cold, I could feel it.

"Kara? Kara! Get up!" I ordered her.

No. No. No no no no. Please get up!

My hands went to Kara's shoulders, gripping her tightly and shaking her a little to see if she would open her eyes. When she remained still I stood up and pulled at my hair. "God no. Please no." Lucas, Chase, Jenna, Isabella, and a few guys from the other gang came running downstairs prepared to fight but they lowered their guns seeing Jordan's lifeless body. Which looked a little similar to Kara's. "Fuck! I told you to stay in the room!" I shouted at her.

"I can get the doc here in less than ten minu—" Jenna started to say but I interrupted her.

"She going to a fucking hospital for fucks sake, look at her! There's nothing that our doctor can do right now. She needs professionals." I carefully took Kara into my arms, bridal style. "Lucas go start the car!"

Lucas darted up the stairs to start up one of the vehicles. I run upstairs with Kara in hold and when I get to the car, Lucas is waiting with the back door open and ready for me to set her in. I place her on the leather seats with her head leaning on Isabella and run to the drivers side window on the left.

Chase jumps in the passenger side and shouts at Lucas and Jenna to meet us there, but he can barely finish his sentence because I'm already skidding off the driveway and pass the gates.

When a few minutes pass by I start to push my foot down harder on the gas. Rushing to get to the closest hospital as fast as possible, while also looking at Kara through the rear view mirror.

When we arrive, I don't even park properly and stop right in front of the emergency entrance. Throwing my door open I go around the side and take Kara out of Bella's hands.

"Help! Someone fucking help me! She's dying!" I shout at anyone who will listen. Three nurses and a doctor run over with a wheeled stretcher. They carefully lift her out of my arms and into the transport bed. The doctor ask me what happened and Chase responds, saying she was shot. They push her across the hallway and I run to follow them past white double doors, but one of the nurses hold me back.

"Sir, I'm going to need you to stay here. You are not allowed past here." She explains, calmly.

I am anything but and shove her arms off me. "Fuck that! I need to see if she'll be okay!"