Chapter 12

Levi

A small shapely body, stirred beside me, waking me up in the process. I opened my eyes, quickly getting them to adjust to the bright blue sky that shone through the windows. I sat up on the bed and check the time on my bedside table that read 10:47 AM.

"Shit!" I cussed in anger.

I ripped the covers off my body and scrambled to my closet to find something presentable to wear. I look through all my drawers in a fast and hurriedly pace, pulling all my dress shirts and pants out in the process.

"Where are you going?" I heard a small voice from behind me. I turned and saw Kara standing there in nothing but a loose shirt and small shorts. My eyes roamed her legs quickly so she wouldn't notice before I met her confused gaze.

I grabbed a handful of my clothes and threw them on the bed. I could feel her eyes still on me as I moved around the room. "We are going to an important lunch with my mother to discuss business regarding the gang."

"Why am I coming?" She questioned.

"She wanted you to join us because she thought it was a nice opportunity to meet you."

"Are we leaving now?" She asked her voice soft and quiet.

"Yes we are, so get dressed, quickly. We have to be there at 11." I shrugged on a dress shirt and grey jeans.

Kara went into the bathroom, locking the door behind her. She came out about 8 minutes, covering her naked body with a towel. Water droplets falling from her collarbone and down beneath the towel. Her eyes met mine and a pink blush filled her cheeks. I gulped hard and turned away, continuing getting dressed.

I moved into the bathroom to fix my hair and brush my teeth. She appeared in the room, standing behind me to see herself in the mirror, now clothed.

She was wearing blue jeans with a loose green shirt and thin spaghetti straps. On her feet, she had black boots with a small heel. A leather jacket around her shoulders to complete the outfit.

She pulled out her curler from the bathroom cabinet and began to curl her shoulder length brown-hair. I finished brushing my teeth and left the bathroom, leaving her to continue on her hair.

I went to slip my shoes on and as I bent down on the bed I felt a small pain shoot through my lower abdomen. I sucked in air and cussed under my breath. My hand went to my side instinctively and I slowly lowered myself on the bed. Kara came out of the bathroom and when she saw my uncomfortable expression, she moved over to where I was sitting.

"What's wrong?" She asked, surprisingly her face held a look of worry.

"Nothing, I'm okay." I reassured her.

"Does it still hurt?" Her soft hand went to my side. I could feel the heat even through my shirt. She out slight pressure on my torso and I grunted in pain. "Sorry." She said, pulling her hand away but I caught it before she could go more than five inches apart.

"Don't apologize. You didn't do anything wrong." I said, looking into her chocolate brown eyes.

I watched as she swallowed down hard. "O-okay." I looked into her eyes for a few more seconds. She hesitantly stares back.