Chapter 8

After getting dressed, I walked to the kitchen and saw that Levi was finished his breakfast. He was about to get up when I rested my hand on his shoulder.

"I got it." I grabbed the yogurt and half eaten apple in front of him and tossed it it the trash can beside the counter.

"Thank you." He said, his eyes never meeting mine.

"Your welcome. Might as well try and be of some use, while I'm stuck here.", I turned around from the trash can to see him towering in front of me.

Even though he is injured, he still looks intimidating. It's times like this where I wish I wasn't so small. Levi face held frustration, like he wanted me to understand something.

"You're not a prisoner here, you know. You can go anywhere you like, you just have to be with someone I trust."

"I know." I squeaked as I look up to meet his intense gaze. His eyes searched my face trying to read me. I'm not sure what he was looking for but it doesn't seem like he found it. He didn't respond but instead walk out of the room.

I've been feeling more tension than usual ever since yesterday morning. I'm pretty sure he regrets it just as much as I do, he never said anything about it or even acts like it happened. Lucas told me Levi has a fun side but I've never seen it. But then again, I have only been living here for three days so maybe he's not that bad.

Jenna comes into the room and grabs a water from the fridge. "Hey, Kara."

"Hi."

She sits on a stool under the island and sets her water bottle down. "So I been thinking. I know you really haven't been liking your experience here, so to make you feel better, I'll take you to see you family."

A gasp escapes my mouth. "Really?"

"Yea. Why do you not want to?"

"Of course I do!" A smile growing over my face. I haven't seen my family for a week, thinking I wasn't ever gonna see them again.

"Great, ok. I was already planning on going out today so I might as well do a good deed while I'm out. I just gotta get dressed and then we can leave in 20 minutes."

"Okay." Jenna got up and left the room, taking her water with her and I followed behind her.

She started down the hallway to the left and I went the right. I went into Levi and I's bedroom, seeing him laying sitting on the bed, talking to someone on the phone. I didn't acknowledge him and turned to pull out a hairbrush from the bedside drawer. I walk into the bathroom and proceed to pull back my hair into a ponytail.

When I'm finished I go back into the bedroom and see Levi finished his conversation. His head turns to look at me and his eyes skim over my outfit.

"Where are you going?" He asks. His eyes meeting mine.

"Jenna is taking me to see my family today." I say, crossing my arms over my chest, daring him to say 'no'.

He breathes deeply before giving in. "Ok, come back soon."

My eyebrows furrow in confusing and my arms fall to the side. "'Come back soon'? So you're ok with me going out without you?"

"Not really, but you're going with someone very close to me and I also trust so I know you'll be safe."

"Why do you care if I'm safe? I thought I was living here to be some kind of gang sex slave."

He stood up. "You're not a sex slave. Is the idea of me actually caring about you so crazy? I accepted the deal with your father for a reason you know."