Chapter 9

My eyes opened slowly and for once the sun did not disturb my sleep. It was shaded by the blinds and I was grateful.

I moved to get out of bed but strong arms held me back. I huffed and turned around to see Levi. He snuggled his face in my neck and pulled me tighter against him.

"Stop moving." He mumbled.

I sighed and lay back down. It hadn't even been 5 minutes before the comfort overwhelmed me and I fell back asleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up once again to be alone in bed and I suddenly felt cold. I got out of bed, slipped on some fluffy white socks and walked down the hall. As I passed a room with double doors, I  heard muttering coming from the room.

I leaned my ear against the door to hear the voices more clearer.

"J-just give me one more week, I'll have the money then." I heard an old male voice say.

It was silent until I heard Levi's voice. "You've already had two weeks to get me my money. Giving you one more would just be a waste of time." I heard a sob before he continued. "You're out of time. This is the last time I'm going to ask-- where is my money?" His voice sounds calm and collected as if this mans suffering doesn't affect him at all.

"Please Levi!" The man pleaded. "At least 10 hours, I'll have the money by then. I swear to you!"

"Sorry." Was all I heard Levi say before it was just cries and muffled sounds coming from the room. I continued to listen for a while until I heard a gun click and then I pushed the doors open.

My eyes widened as I saw Levi holding a gun with one hand, pointing it at a man who seemed to be around his late 40s. He was towering over him and the man was cowering in fear, tears falling from his eyes. The older man's face seemed to had taken a lot of punches and blood was dripping from his lip. Chase and another guy in a black suit were standing behind the older man who was on the floor.

"Stop it!" I screamed, holding my hands out.

Levi's face held shock as he turned to me and everyone stopped what they were doing. He lowered the gun in his hands and took a few steps towards me.

"Kara." Levi said warningly, as if he thought I was going to do something.

"What are you doing? Where you going to kill him?!"

Levi didn't answer and he handed his gun to Chase. He took it and put it in his waistband. "Kara you shouldn't be in here. Go back to our bedroom and wait for me there."

"And what would happen once I left? Would you just kill him?" I said, gesturing to the man on the ground.

"You weren't meant to see this happen. Just go back to bed."

"No! Not if your going to kill him." I said, folding my arms over my chest.

"Damn it, Kara! This doesn't concern you, now go!" Levi shouted.

I keep my arms crossed and walk over to his broad form. I stood directly in front of him, blocking his view from the elderly man, weeping on his knees. "No." I said challenging him. I wasn't just gonna walk away, knowing that Levi would take this man's life as soon as I left the room.

I saw Levi's jaw tighten before he took a hold of my arm and pulled me towards the door. I grunted and cried out in anger as I struggled to break free from his strong grip. He swung the door open and pushed me out, making me stumble. As soon as I gained my balance, I whipped around to face him.

"Don't ever touch me like that again or I swear you'll regret it." I said my voice hard and firm.

Levi instantly pinned me against the wall, making me hiss out in pain. I looked up to his eyes and if looks could kill I would already be six feet under. His cold hard stare made it impossible for me to look away for fear of what could happen. Levi's face was so close to mine that I could feel his breath hitting my lips that were only inches away from his. "If you ever try that little rebellion act you just did in there ever again, I swear that you will regret it." He stared into my eyes for what seemed like a decade before he released his hold on my wrists.

I ignored the pain that was coursing through my hands and wrists and I scoffed, "Go fuck yourself." I said before ripping my hands from his grip and marching off down the hall, back to the bedroom.

After about two hours, I finished getting dressed. I got dressed in a white jeans and a red, white, and black flannel shirt. I slipped some white long socks on, putting them over my jeans and slipped on my black Tim's.

As I was slipping on my red jacket and putting my black jean jacket over it, Levi walked into the room. He was looking down at his phone and when he reached his destination, which was in front of me, he looked up to meet my eyes."Oh great, you're already dressed."

"And why is that such a good thing?" I asked raising my eyebrows.

"I wanted to take you out to lunch."

My eyes narrowed at this. "You want to take me out to lunch?"

Levi rubbed the back of his neck. "What I did-...hurting you like that..was,..uncalled for. I shouldn't have done it." The look on his face showed that he seemed to be,...ashamed? "But you also shouldn't have been invading other people privacy."

"Trying to save a life is not invading privacy."

He sighed and let his hand drop to his side. "He's not as innocent as he may seem, trust me. Just forget about him. I didn't agree with the deal that your father made for us to argue all the time. Let me apologize by taking you out to lunch, please."

He seemed like he was telling the truth but with him it could always be something he's hiding. Ignoring the voice in my head, telling me to not go to lunch, I agreed. "Okay."