Chapter 17

Lucas POV

I ran out the gym door to catch up with a fuming Iris. She was speed walking up the stairs to to the living room.

"Iris, stop." I called out to her, but she must kept walking ignoring me. She grabbed her phone from the couch and turned back my way to walk past me and go up to the second floor. "Iris, would you please stop and talk to me for a moment. What's wrong with you?"

She stopped dead in her tracks, at the top of the stairs, looking back at me a few inches away.

"What's wrong with me? That little man-stealing bitch thinks that she can just move in here and take Levi away from me. I tried being nice to her but with her stealing his attention everytime she comes around him, it's beginning to piss me off. She has been here for a month...a month and already she has Levi eating out of the palm of her hand." She gestures her hand out and shakes it slightly in my face.

"That's not true and you know it. Look, Kara hasn't done anything wrong to you. Don't take your anger out her because you're in love with Levi and he has feelings for Kara, she can't control what he feels."

Iris takes her eyes off me and looks up, shaking her head. Her eyes are glossy and she quickly wipes at her eye. She looks back at me and just stares for a while, being completely silent.

After about a minute she speaks up. "Tell Levi, I'll be staying with a friend for a few days but I'll be back in time to help with Jordan." She walks into her room and comes back out with a duffle bag. Iris brushes past me and back down the stairs, opening the door and slamming it shut.

Levi's POV

Finishing the paperwork from a client in my office, I make my way down to the kitchen for something quick to eat.

When I turn into the doorway I see Kara, covering her nose with a blood-spotted tissue and leaning her head back. Her face is red, her side is bruised and she looks really sweaty. I can feel my heart rate increasing and anger building up. I swear if this was anyone from my gang, they will not be alive long enough to see the next day.

"What the hell happened to you?" I almost scream.

She lifts her head up quick and shoots me a suprised look. She takes the tissue off her nose and into her lap, my eyes following with it. My feet start to move closer to her and I can sense her tensing up. As I get close to her she looks down to avoid making eye contact with me and my hand immediately goes to her chin to pull it back up to face me. I look into her eyes, my eyebrows arched downward.

"Who did this to you?" I quietly ask, to cover my anger as much as I can, to attempt at keeping myself calm.

She shakes her head and whispers, "No one. I fell off the ring during training, bruised my side and fell on the ground face first."

I scoff. "Bullshit. That doesn't look like an accident. Who hit you?"

"No one hit me. Can you please just leave it alone, this isn't that big of a deal." She takes my hand off her chin and I let it drop. I watch her stand from the stool she was sitting on and make her way to the stairs.

"Where are you going?" I ask, my eyebrow raised.

She turns her head to look at me. "To take a shower, I'm sweaty and gross." I hear her sigh softly as she continues up the stairs and our bedroom door shuts.

•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•

I apologize for this chapter being short and for not updating on Friday. Like I said before, I had an urgent emergency last night and didn't have time to finish. Please forgive me and to make up for it there will be a longer chapter on Tuesday.

Don't forget to VOTE♡