Chapter 1: "Run"

Quick Note: Hello! You may not know me, but I'm Indiana and I write a couple fanfics on here. I wrote this fanfic over four years ago, it was my first x reader so it's not the best, but, as the chapters go by it does get a bit better. I know people have loved this story, so I decided to stop neglecting it and post it here. I hope you enjoy it even if it's not the best story out there. :) (Also, the art for this chap is done by Alpha-Maia on Deviantart. Go check her stuff out) 

__________________

You breathed heavily as you ran out of the ruins letting the door slam behind you. You could hear banging on the door and Toriel shouting at you. You sat on the snowy ground and placed your head in your knees trying to contemplate what just happened. After a while you finally got up and realized the banging on the door had ceased, only the howling wind could be heard. You shivered, it was so cold out here.

"Could it get any worse than this?" You muttered under your breath when suddenly it began to snow. Your mouth gaped in shock "I thought this only happened in movies!" You exclaimed in surprise.

You shook your head, "I need to focus." You told yourself as you forced yourself to walk forward down the snowy path. Your (h\c) hair was blowing in the wind when you suddenly heard footsteps in the snow behind you. You whipped around fearing it was Toriel again but nothing was there.

You shook your head and continued walking through the snowy woods. It wasn't long before you heard more footsteps and they were getting faster, you ran away as fast as you could, when suddenly you felt someone grab your arm and pull you to a stop.

"where are ya going, doll?" A deep voice said from behind you. You whipped around as the grip loosened and you saw a short skeleton with long pointed teeth and a gold tooth looking at you. Inside one of his eye sockets was a glowing red iris that seemed to stare into your soul.

He was wearing a red sweater, a black coat, black shorts with two yellow stripes on the legs and red sneakers.

"A-anywhere but here.." You managed to mutter.

He seemed to ponder on your words for a bit as he cocked his skull to one side. Eventually, he let out a gruff chuckle. "ever since the last human fell down here and disappeared everyone has been more desperate to get aboveground..." he muttered.

You looked at him with concern as he held up a hand and looked at it for a second. Suddenly, his eye flared red as you were lifted a couple feet above ground.

Your eyes whipped to his hand which was now glowing red as he grinned at you. "i could kill you and take your soul right now," he let out another chuckle.

"P-please don't!" You pleaded.

You just wanted to go back home out of this hellhole, but you feel like that'll never happen. You haven't even been here three whole days yet but it has been worse than you could have ever imagined.

"why should i let you go, hm?" He asked in a taunting voice.

Your gaze whipped around as you tried to think of an answer. You were absolutely terrified and you had no idea how to answer his question.

After thinking a while you were about to answer his question when suddenly you were dropped to the ground and when you looked up the skeleton was on his back laughing at you.

"oh my god doll, you shoulda seen your face!" He said in between laughs.

"W-what?!" You gasped in surprise. This guy just tricked you into thinking he was going to kill you? Why didn't he just do it? Nobody has had such a great opportunity to kill you yet but he... Was just messing with you?

Suddenly you heard footsteps approaching and you turned around to see a taller skeleton walking over angrily.

"SANS! STOP SCARING THE HUMAN TO DEATH!" He yelled in a strident voice.

You observed this skeleton, he had on some very... Interesting clothing. He was wearing long red heeled boots, big red gloves, black skinny jeans with a red belt and a golden belt buckle fastening them around his pelvis, a black chestplate with long black spikes coming off his shoulder blades and a torn red scarf around his neck that flowed down his back.

Your eyes trailed to his face which was very gruff, he had a crack above his right eye and tiny little red pinpricks in each eye socket. His face was much more square than the other skeleton's.

You felt happy that he took up for you, it wasn't often that... "I'M THE ONE WHO'S SUPPOSED TO CAPTURE THEIR SOUL!" ...scratch that thought.

"hey, i was just havin' some fun!" The shorter skeleton defended himself.

"IT'S NOT TIME FOR 'FUN'! YOU'RE A SENTRY! YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO LET YOUR SUPERIOR KNOW IF YOU FIND A HUMAN!" The taller skeleton argued.

You took them arguing as an opportunity and you sprang to your feet and ran through some weird gate that was too big to keep anyone out.

"SANS! THE HUMAN IS GETTING AWAY!" The taller skeleton exclaimed as you ran for dear life.

You ran through the snow as you heard footsteps chasing after you.

"SANS! THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT!" The taller skeleton yelled.

"sorry, boss." the shorter one, which you guess is named Sans replied.

You quickly hid behind a tree hoping that they wouldn't see or find you but than it occurred to you that they could follow your footprints in the snow.

"Drat!" you hissed under your breath. You hadn't thought about your tracks at all but you hoped it was snowing fast enough to cover them so they wouldn't find you.

Your lungs hurt from breathing in the cold air while running and the fact that you were trying to catch your breath wasn't helping.

You were scared someone would hear your heavy breathing and find you quicker so you forced yourself to breathe through you nose, no matter how much it hurt.

You had warmed up a bit while running but it was still freezing outside. You really had no idea how it was snowing underground but you didn't want to question it because you knew nothing of monster culture. They cut that out of the school's curriculum decades ago.

"heya, did ya miss me?" Sans said from beside you.

You jumped back in susprise. "B-but I didn't even hear you coming!" you gasped in surprise.

He let out another chuckle. "ey, boss. i found 'em." He called.