Chapter 3: "Snowdin Village"

You had no idea how long you'd been walking but it felt like hours. You couldn't stand much longer even though it probably had only been thirty minutes or so, but you have done much more walking than you are used to and it's been wearing you out.

You blinked your eyes sleepily as you continued being dragged by Papyrus, he didn't show any signs of slowing down, Sans on the other hand looked like he was about to pass out.

Eventually, your legs wouldn't support you anymore and you fell down onto the snow. Papyrus continued dragging you across the ground by your arm until finally, he noticed the extra weight and turned around to see he had been dragging you for who knows how long.

For some reason Sans hadn't said anything but when Papyrus saw you Sans snickered. When he laughed Papyrus whipped to face him.

"SANS, IS THE HUMAN REBELLING AGAINST ME?" He asked.

"i dunno boss, why don't ya ask her?" He replied.

Papyrus turned back to you "WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!" He asked.

"I'm tired, I need to rest." You replied.

"WE HAVE NO TIME FOR 'REST'!!!" He argued.

You groaned and you looked at him with sleepy eyes. "But I can't walk any further." You complained.

He rolled his pinpricks. "YOU'RE JUST AS LAZY AS SANS!" He yelled at you.

"I am not!" You argued with him.

How dare he call you 'lazy'... Even if it was slightly true but he didn't need to know that! You have been through so many chases, fights and near-death-experiences in the past few days that you didn't want to be called 'lazy'!

"WELL, WHILE YOU WERE RAGING I, THE GREAT AND TERRIBLE PAPYRUS CAME UP WITH A GREAT PLAN!" Papyrus announced.

"what is it, boss?" Sans asked.

Papyrus let go of your arm for a second and grabbed you by your waist lifting you up and throwing you over his shoulder.

"Put me down!" You yelled at him as you kicked your feet and tried to hit his skull with your fists.

"ITS EITHER THIS, OR I'M MAKING YOU WALK." he threatened.

It wasn't long before you realized your cheeks were heating up. You didn't want to have to walk but you didn't really want to be hanging in mid air off his shoulder either.

"CHOOSE ONE!" Papyrus interrupted your thoughts.

"Fine, you can carry me..." You huffed.

He didn't say anything, only turned around and began walking again. All you could see from this angle was the ground moving as Papyrus walked and Sans following him while grinning at you.

"Will you please stop grinning at me?" You asked Sans politely hoping he would be more prone to say yes.

"nah, i find your condition to be very humerus." He chuckled.

You didn't understand that he had made a skeleton pun so you just stared at him in confusion as he laughed at his own joke. Finally he looked at you with an annoyed expression and pointed to his upper arm.

You facepalmed in realization, how did you not get that pun? You let out a small laugh and Sans rolled his eyes at you.

"WHAT ARE YOU TWO LAUGHING ABOUT?!" Papyrus asked you two.

"the human's slow, boss. it took her way too long to understand my joke." Sans complained.

"MAYBE SHE JUST DIDN'T FIND IT FUNNY!"

Wait, did Papyrus actually just try to defend you? His assumption wasn't true but that was awfully nice of him. Especially since so far he hasn't been kind to you at all.

"nah, she laughed boss." Sans explained.

Papyrus ignored Sans' words and he walked into a clearing. You could hear people talking and as Papyrus got closer you heard people talking specifically about you.

"Is that a human?" One said.

"Did those bumbling idiots actually catch a human?!" Said another.

You felt eyes on you and the two skeletons. If Papyrus hadn't already captured you the monsters probably would all be fighting eachother to kill you and take your soul, that thought scared you a lot.

You were getting dizzy from hanging upside down and moving from side to side as he walked and not to mention you were also feeling queasy.

"Can you put me down? I'm feeling sick..." You asked.

"IN A MINUTE." He murmured.

"eh, boss she doesn't look so good. maybe you should put her down for a second." Sans remarked.

Papyrus whipped around in rage and you could hear bone attacks being summoned.

"DON'T YOU DARE TELL ME WHAT TO DO!" He yelled at Sans.

Now that you were facing the opposite direction you could see more of the surrounding land and some of the monsters.

You looked around as best as you could, it was dark and gloomy. The ground was still covered in snow and most of the buildings had some kind of trap around them to keep out humans.

The monsters were all staring at you and quite frankly, it was freaking you out. They were all so different, you could see a bunny monster, some bear monster and a weird mouse monster wearing a long red and black scarf.

"s-sorry b-boss...!" Sans apologized.

"DON'T DO IT AGAIN OR THERE WILL BE CONSEQUENCES!" Papyrus threatened.

"o-of course boss! it won't happen again!" Sans agreed.

Papyrus turned around and continued walking with you in his clutches yet again.

When you looked back at Sans you saw him giving Papyrus the middle finger while grinning.

When he noticed you watching him he frowned and drew his finger across his neck as to say 'don't tell or I'll kill you'. You nodded as best as you could while you were upside down and gave him a thumbs-up.

Next thing you knew Papyrus was getting keys out of his pocket.

"you're leaving the human in there?" Sans asked.

"WHERE ELSE WOULD I?!" He replied.

You were scared, where was he leaving you? You couldn't see what he was doing and it was making you very nervous.

Sans thought for a second and shrugged. "i dunno boss,"

Papyrus opened the door and walked inside a small wooden room. He lifted you off his shoulder and sat you down on the floor.

"HUMAN, YOU'RE STAYING HERE FOR A WHILE." Papyrus told you.

Okay, what was the point of telling them your name if they just keep calling you 'human'?

"Why can't you just take my soul?" You asked in confusion.

"YOU HAVEN'T GONE THROUGH ANY OF MY PUZZLES YET." He responded.

These monsters confused you so much, why puzzles? It would be so much easier if he just killed you already.

"I WILL GET SANS TO BRING YOU FOOD LATER." Papyrus said as he slammed the door and locked it.

You looked around the room, it seemed like they had been keeping a dog here at some point. You got up and walked around the room, there was a bone, a dog bed and an empty food bowl.

You walked over and picked up the bowl to observe it.

Everything seemed dusty so you wondered what happened to the dog.

"Wait... Dust?!" You gasped as you dropped it to the floor.