Chapter 25: "Distress"

"geez, don't you need to breathe, sweetheart?" You hard Sans joke.

"S-Sans, d-don't r-ruin this r-romantic moment f-for them!" Alphys scolded the short skeleton.

"I don't even know why you're watching, Alph. I thought we agreed not to support them." Undyne muttered.

"B-but this is impossible n-not to s-ship!" She exclaimed.

"I-it's like that s-scene from Mew Mew Kissy Cutie where t-they k-kis-"

"Alphys, I haven't gotten there yet! Shush before you reveal anything else." Undyne interrupted her.

A growl sounded from Alphys' throat as she kept from giving out any more major spoilers. You and Papyrus finally parted and Undyne uttered a simple, "Finally,"

"i knew she had to breathe eventually," Sans chuckled.

"SANS, SHUT YOUR BIG MOUTH." Papyrus growled.

"right, 'course boss." He replied nervously.

"Well, I hate to interrupt... What ever is going on, but we need the soul to break the barrier." Toriel spoke, her eyes wide.

"i can go get it, where's asgore?" Sans asked.

"He's back at his castle... I suggest that we all make our way over there." Toriel sighed.

"I'm ready to start this war!" Undyne yelled as she jumped up from the chair.

"U-Undyne! Y-you just d-dropped my manga!" Alphys stomped her foot on the ground and turned a faint red in anger.

"Oh, my bad... Anyway who's ready to wage war on humanity?!" Undyne smiled, her yellow teeth curved in a big yellow grin.

"Wage war?!" You spoke as your eyes widened in surprise.

"didn't ya know that's what the monsters were plannin' on doing once they broke the barrier?" Sans asked.

"No! I won't allow it." You declared.

"Well, I don't think Asgore really wants to fight humanity... It would be very unwise, I'm sure the population of humans has increased a lot since we got locked down here." Toriel sighed.

"Yes, they have. There are over seven billon humans aboveground.... I would definitely say you are all very outnumbered." You replied.

"SEVEN BILLION?!" Papyrus asked, his pinpricks widening in surprise.

"yep, i hate to break it to ya undyne but i don't think you'll be krilling any humans on the surface." Sans spoke with a wide grin.

"Oh you little shhh-" Undyne started before she was silenced by Papyrus' threatening glare.

"if you do krill humans aboveground, i think the jury will find you gillty." Sans continued with a wink.

Undyne and Papyrus both let out low growls and you, Toriel and Alphys all began to laugh. You hadn't heard Sans crack a pun in a while, perhaps he was finally beginning to have hope again.

"OH MY GOD, SANS. STOP IT WITH THE PUNS!" Papyrus grumbled.

"don't you mean 'oh my cod'?" Sans asked before he erupted in laugher.

You snorted and started laughing really hard again, tears formed in your eyes and you gripped your chest because all the laughing was beginning to hurt. You began to fall backward but you soon landed in Papyrus' arms.

You finally contained your laughter and took a few ragged breaths, Papyrus wiped the tears from your eyes and you looked up at him with an amused glance. "Hey," You spoke with a smile.