Chapter 30: "Finale"

Ominous sounds filled the room and a bright light filled the surrounding area as Papyrus wrapped his arms around you tighter. Asgore's low growl could be heard and his footsteps shook the castle as he walked towards the barrier.

A loud whooshing sound echoed around the room and strange sounds bounced across the walls as you cowered into your boyfriend's chest. Your breathing was heavy and you clenched your eyes shut as you hoped for the best.

Suddenly, everything was quiet. Completely and utterly quiet, it was so quiet that you could hear a pin drop.

*The barrier has been broken.

"He did it! the barrier has been shattered!" Toriel exclaimed happily.

Everyone quickly whipped around to see the faint glow of the outside world though the tunnel that once held the barrier. Sans looked towards the light with concern in his red iris. He must be worried that Frisk will reset the timeline. You pulled out of Papyrus' grasp and walked over to Sans. He looked at you immediately and lifted a 'bone'brow, he doesn't know what you are planning, but you do.

You quickly ran up to him and threw your arms around him, pulling him into a big hug. "Don't be scared, Sans. I have control now and I am not planning on ever resetting the timeline." You spoke to him calmly.

He stayed frozen in your hold for a good ten seconds before he hugged you back. "thanks, sweetheart." He responded with a sigh.

"No, thank you, Sans." You spoke as you pulled away with a gentle smile.

"thank you for what? i've just pretty much been an ass to ya this entire time." He replied in confusion.

"You may have been quite rude at first, but you've really come around. You have been there for me and protected me for your brother's sakes, even though you could care less if I was alive or not. That's why I'm thanking you, Sans." You responded.

He stood there silently for a moment before he smiled and chuckled, "ey, dollface, i'm so sorry for all the crap i made ya go through." He quickly apologized.

"It's okay Sans, I understand so, you don't need to apologize." You responded as you smiled happily.

"U-Undyne... H-holy... T-The barrier... It's gone!" Alphys screeched which made both you and Sans jump.

You whipped around to see Undyne run in and practically trample her girlfriend in an attempt to see the missing barrier. "King Asgore, you did it!" Undyne remarked in surprise.

"Yes, Undyne. I did, now... Are you all ready to see the stars?" He asked everyone.

"Hell yeah!" Undyne exclaimed as she grabbed Alphys, throwing her over her shoulder again.

"U-Undyne! B-bloody h-hell! Put me down!" Alphys protested.

Asgore let out a deep chuckle and walked over to Toriel, he looked the same as he had before. Maybe he looked different when he absorbed the souls but once he used them to break the barrier he changed back? You wouldn't know though since he said not to look.

Asgore reached over and took Toriel's hand, "Let's go, my love." he spoke with a genuine smile.

Toriel nodded and returned the smile as he led her to the tunnel and outside. Undyne quickly ran out the exit after them with Alphys still on her shoulder and Papyrus looked to you and Sans. "DO WE GO NOW?" He asked as he nervously played with his phalanges.

"Do you want to see the surface?" You asked him in response and he nodded.

"Then yes, let's go." You responded as you started walking towards the tunnel.