Chapter 6: "After The Fall"

You groaned as you opened your eyes.

Your entire body ached and you didn't really want to move.

"that was an idiotic thing to do, don't ya think?"

You looked over to see Sans sitting in a wooden chair watching you.

You realized you didn't recognize this place, it wasn't the small room you had slept in earlier but a living room.

You were laying down on a black leather couch, you definitely didn't remember this being in the toolshed.

"Where am I?" You asked as you rubbed your head.

"our house," Sans responded.

"....Our?" You asked, obviously confused.

"well you haven't exactly 'come to' have ya?" He let out a chuckle.

You tilted your head and looked at him in confusion.

"papyrus, my younger brother. we share a house." Sans replied impatiently.

You facepalmed in realization, how did you forget?

"paps said ya jumped out of a trap that was twenty feet in the air." Sans explained.

"Oh... Right," You sighed.

Your plan didn't really go as you'd hoped. Instead of making yourself look smarter it made you look like a complete idiot.

"papyrus carried ya here, he seemed pretty worried about ya." Sans leaned back in the chair.

"Where is he?" You asked as you sat up only to hiss in pain, your entire body felt like it had been crushed with a rolling pin.

Once you got over the pain of your fall down Mt. Ebott you jumped out of a trap suspended twenty feet in the air, that was a terrible idea.

"he had a meeting with his superior, undyne." Sans replied.

"Undyne?" You tilted your head.

"she's the captain of the royal guard. papyrus is below her in rank." Sans explained to you.

You nodded your head in understanding.

"oh, he most likely will come back wounded." Sans added nonchalantly.

"Wounded?!" You looked at him with concern in your gaze.

"i'm used to it at this point. it may be a lot worse this time though, i'm sure undyne knows ya fell down here and she won't be happy that we haven't killed ya yet." Sans reached to the side of the chair and lifted up a bottle of whiskey.

"you're in pain, right?" He asked.

"Yeah?" You made your back crack and Sans visibly cringed.

"the whiskey should help with the pain since we don't have any human medicine down here." Sans tried to hand you the bottle but you shook your head.

You typically avoided alcohol especially around people you didn't know well, besides you weren't in that much pain.

"ya sure?" He asked as he held out the bottle again.

"I'm positive." You replied.

Sans let out a chuckle. "suit yourself,"

He brought the bottle to his teeth and began downing the strong alcohol.

You watched in horror. "Aren't you supposed to take shots of whiskey?"

"yep," He sat the bottle down on the floor.