Chapter 11: "Thoughts"

"WHO IS IT?" Came Papyrus' groggy voice from inside his room.

You sniffed and wiped the tears away from your eyes.

"I-its (y/n)..." You responded.

"WHAT DO YOU WANT?" He seemed kind of annoyed.

Maybe you shouldn't have woken him, skeletons may really need their beauty sleep or something.

"I-I had a b-bad dream..." You stuttered.

There was silence for a second and then you heard his bedsprings creak.

You heard footsteps across his floor and he opened the door.

He was still not wearing a shirt and your face turned a faint red as your eyes flicked from his ribcage to his eye sockets.

He stood there for a second looking at you before he stepped to the side.

"COME IN," He murmured.

You walked inside and awkwardly stood in the middle of his room, you hadn't really planned what you'd say yet.

He left the door open a crack and hobbled back to his bed.

He sat on the bed upright and he leaned over and patted the opposite side of the bed with his left hand.

You blushed slightly and walked over to his bed and sat down across from him.

"ALRIGHT THEN, WHAT WAS IT ABOUT?" He asked.

You took a deep breath and made eye contact with him as you began to speak.

"Well, in the dream Sans was mocking me about stuff and it kept getting worse..." You started.

Papyrus nodded and signaled you to continue talking.

"Well, eventually I told him to stop and he grabbed my chin and forced me to look at him..." You began crying again as you retold the events as if they never really happened.

Papyrus took notice of your crying but didn't say anything, he just listened patiently and didn't mind if you got choked up.

"H-he asked if I was getting mad tauntingly... I tried to run away but he held me still with his magic...I-I couldn't escape..." You continued.

"I-I called for help but nobody came... He held bone attacks up to me and kept moving them closer when I didn't respond to a q-question." You choked.

He looked at you sympathetically and you attempted to wipe your tears away.

"I asked why he was doing it and then he told me I wouldn't understand..." You put your head down and started sobbing more.

"ALRIGHT, I'VE HEARD ENOUGH." He replied, his raspy voice was bold.

You looked over at him, he had a very serious look plastered onto his skull.

"THAT WASN'T A DREAM, WAS IT?" He looked at you and waited for a response.

"N-no it was a dream." You avoided eye contact and hoped he wouldn't realize you were lying.

"DON'T LIE TO ME (Y/N). YOU DON'T HAVE TO BE SCARED OF SANS." He spoke in a slightly calmer voice.

You were tempted to tell him the truth but you knew that he might ask what Sans was mocking you about and you didn't want him to know that you liked him.

What would he do if you told him? Would he be shocked, conceited, angry, sad?

All you knew was that Papyrus was slowly warming up to you, which is odd enough considering his original intent of killing you.