Great... Now he knows...

Naruko's POV- After a long and hard Volleyball game...

That was close, way too close for comfort. If it wasn't for Kurama, then my henge would've fallen and I would've been in a whole world of trouble...

"Yes!" Kurama shouted. "Finally! I get some appreciation." I go into my mindscape.

"Yeah yeah, enjoy it while you can. It won't be happening again," I mumbled while crossing my arms.

Kurama stopped smiling and gave me a serious look. "Look, I need to know what happened out there," he stated, his eyes not leaving mine.

"Dunno, I just... just needed to let loose a little bit," I said averting my eyes. "It's been so long..."

"You know why we do this right," Kurama said in a fatherly tone.

Tears gathered in my eyes. "No, I don't actually," I stated, not even bothering to wipe the tears that started running down my face. "I don't know why I'm doing this anymore! I hate it! I know that it was to protect me at the time, but there's no point now! NO POINT!" I sniffed. "I could protect myself fine then, heck, I could take down any villager coming my way. So you tell me Kurama." I shouted.

I let myself cool off a little, but the anger remained. "What is the point?"

Kurama opened his mouth, then closed it.

"That's what I thought," I said, drying off any tears that were left over. I left my mindscape.

"Wait Naruko-"

I blocked him off. I don't need his crappy words right now.

My henge felt wrong. I need out of it. I walked out a door that lead out of the Chunin battle royal hall, not saying a word as Kakashi called out for me.

I need out, even if it's just for a little bit. I just need out.

I walked out and to the back of the tower where no watchful eyes could see me, releasing the Henge. I pressed my back against the wall and sat down. I wish Haku were here. He's one of the four who knows about, well, me. He understands what I'm going through.

"Naruto?" a raspy voice asked.

I quickly jumped up and pulled out a kunai. I looked for the source and relaxed, only to tense up again.

He saw.

"I don't know what you're talking about," I said cooly, trying to play it off.

"I saw you release the henge," the red haired male deadpanned. "Now the real question is..." he held his head. "Why does mother not want me to kill you?"

"Shukaku," I started, but shoved my hand over my mouth. Shoot, I'm not supposed to know.

"How do you know about him?" Gaara rasped, sand rising all around him. He held his hand against his head again, his sand quickly falling. "Mother says... kyuubi... Kurama..." Gaara muttered. He looked up at me. "You hold the kyuubi?"

No point in hiding it now. "Yeah, so what if I do?"

"Do you... sleep?" He mumbled quietly.

What kind of question is that? Does he not sleep?

"Um, yeah... I sleep a lot," I replied very awkwardly.

He rubbed the back of his head awkwardly. "How? Doesn't he keep you awake?"

"Kit, his seal is broken," Kurama explained, breaking through my blockade. "Shukaku is keeping him up."

'Ohhhh, then maybe I should fix it?' I questioned.

"No, you should just run away and go ride unicorns on rainbows," Kurama said sarcastically.

I rolled my eyes and walked up to Gaara. I lifted his shirt and he did nothing to stop me. I looked him in the eyes and I noticed that they were glazed over.

'Must be talking to Shukaku.' I assumed.

I didn't waste this opportunity. I immediately placed my hands on the seal and rotated it a little bit. After, I grabbed a little jar of ink and a brush out of a seal and got to work.

Gaara blinked and looked at me. "Wha-What are you doing to me?" he yelled. His sand began to rise around him and I smiled in satisfaction. Done.

I clapped my hands together and Gaara fell down to the ground with a grunt. I kneeled beside pretty boy to see if he was alright, and I saw that he was sleeping. A smirk crawled on my face. Mission accomplished.

Now to just keep him quiet about my real gender. Another smirk played onto my face. This should be fun...

{August 24, 2018}

Thank you weirdly_lazy for editing!