-Scared Beauty-

I stood, watching as Midna reconstructed the mirror. My mouth hung open in awe, it was beautiful. The rock's chains turned white and vanished, Midna turned to us with a sigh. "Some call our realm a world of shadows, but that makes it sound unpleasant. The Twilight there holds a serene beauty. You have seen yourself as the sun sets on this world. Bathed in that light, all people were pure and gentle. But things changed once that foul power pervaded the world." She spoke solemnly, the sages appeared behind us.

"It was all our doing." They murmured. "We overestimated our abilities as sages and attempted to put an end to Ganondorf's evil magic. I hope you can find it in yourself to forgive our carelessness." The sages then took a bow before Midna. "O Twilight Princess." I turned to her and out of sheer impulse took a knee and bowed me head. "Midna... what?" Link asked as she looked alarmed.

"What? So... you knew? As a ruler who fled her people, I'm hardly qualified to forgive you. In our world, we've long believed that the Hero would appear as a divine beast. That's why when I found you, I thought I could use you Link. And (Y/n), when I saw you, I thought it was peculiar to see a human retaining their form. And I only cared about returning our world to normal. I didn't care about what happened to the world of light, not at all. But after witnessing the selfless lengths that Princess Zelda and you two have gone to... your sacrifices? I know now in the bottom of my heart, that I must save this world, too. There is no other way. If we can just defeat Zant, the curse on me will dissolve, and we may be able to revive Zelda." She said hopefully, smiling at the two of us.

I looked up and smiled back. "Let's go Link! Come on (Y/n)! For Zelda! For all of this world! And maybe, for mine too." I stood and proudly smiled. "Of course, Midna. I will give my life to save your world." And with that, the sages vanished and we opened the gate. Midna went in first, I took Link's hand. "It's almost the end of our journey." I whispered and smiled happily. "Maybe, I'll get my memory back soon. Who knows?" Link cupped my face, sadness in his eyes. "Yes, that is a possibility." He whispered as we were taken into the Twilight Realm.

I opened my eyes and looked around. It didn't hurt at all, it was... gorgeous. My eyes widened as I let go of Link's hand and looked around. "Midna, this is your home?" I breathed walking forward. "It's... so beautiful. Breathtaking, I just.." my eyes began to fill with tears. "It's absolutely amazing here." I whispered and looked back to see Midna with a pained expression on her face. "Yes, well... listen Link. Can I ask you one last selfish favor? Regardless of what my reasons may have been, I once abandoned this world. I left behind the Twili. Those who had followed me. Who considered me their ruler. Even now, as they remain here, suffering, they believe that help will come for this world. But if they were to see that the only help for them was a hideous little imp... don't you think they'd feel let down? It's only for a little while longer. Do you mind if I hide in your shadow while you're in human form?"

I was confused by the sudden change in subject, but Link seemed happy with the decision. I frowned, wiping my tears as I stole one last glance. "Of course." He said as she sighed. "I'm sorry." Midna mumbled and hid away as I took Link's hand. "It's beautiful, don't you think?" I asked, Link nodded. "I think it's alright." I smiled and we walked forward, seeing a demon. Link immediately took his sword out, Midna racing out to stop him.

"Wait! This guy isn't an enemy, Link! They might look a little different, but, they're the inhabitants of this world. My people. Zant... how could he?" Midna hissed and vanished. I gently smiled at the Twili, he suddenly grabbed my wrist. "How could you have left when he needed you most?" He moaned, shaking me. I was petrified as Link pried him away. "Stop!" He shouted and pulled me with him. "What did that mean?" I whispered to Link, he sighed. "I don't know." He said bluntly, and pulled me into the only area we could go into.