-Epilogue-

Sitting at the riverbank where it all began I pulled my legs to my chest. I tiredly stared out at our realm, sad at how very small it was. I missed Hyrule. I missed Link. I hadn't come down from the top of the castle for weeks, and every day my hair was styled different. Every day I would wake up with food beside me. It bothered me. Pissed me off even to the point of staying up all night. I sat by the bank in wait, watching. What I saw didn't surprise me. Midna climbing with a tray of food in hand. She grunted and set it down before rolling onto the top.

I stood and walked over to her, sitting down. Midna panted and slowly sat up, staring at me. "So, you're still not talking to me?" She asked quietly, pushing the food to me. I took the tray of food and began to eat slowly. "No," I said slowly. "I just wanted to ask you something." Midna sighed and leaned back. "Yes?" I then looked at her. "Why do you keep styling my hair?" I asked softly. Midna looked as confused as me. "What? I haven't. I just thought you were naturally that good."

An echoed laugh came from behind us. Midna stiffened as I immediately went for my sword and turned around. "No, she has never been able to successfully do her own hair." Pale white and holographic, Zant smiled at me, beckoning me to him. I was too afraid to move. Was I dreaming? Was this something that I ate? Midna was staring at Zant, her mouth gaping open. "You both look worse than the demons I set upon you." Midna's mouth snapped shut as she glared. "Forgive me." Zant said hovering over to me.

"Are you really that stupid to believe I just left you?" He asked sitting in front of me. I shut my mouth and shook my head, tears welling up. I went forward to hug him, immediately finding comfort in his see through arms. "I left my soul in your pendant. Apparently you thought I meant I'd always be in your heart." Zant said sounding a bit hurt.

I smiled sheepishly. "I did." Zant scoffed. "I've never been that cheesy and you know it (Y/n). As for you Midna," Midna flinched and prepared to get a thorough yelling at. Zant only sighed. "I apologize for everything I've done to this world. Truly." He murmured as Midna softened. "You don't have to apologize—"
"I do. I had a duty to these people and I failed them. Miserably, especially. I should've listened to the smartest person I knew." Midna smirked. "Me?" She asked, Zant growled. "(Y/n). (Y/n) always knows how to keep a level head. You however choose your own judgement over how other people feel. That is why (Y/n) is stuck here in this hell-hole." He snarled.

Midna nodded looking down as Zant sighed. "However," He mumbled looking up to the two of us. "I can bring you back to Link and Hyrule. As much as I despise him, I've been watching over him. He pissed himself seeing me once, thinking I was a nightmare. Comical, at the least. And Midna," Zant smirked at her. "I never knew you appreciated Zelda more than you let on." Midna's face flushed bright orange, my eyes widened. "Princess?" She sputtered and angrily glared at Zant. "That is none of your royal business what I do when I am free!" She snapped as Zant chuckled. "I thought as much. So, you'll allow me to create another Mirror of Twilight?" Midna angrily, with a bit more blackmail from Zant allowed for it to happen.

"So, what do you need to build a Mirror of Twilight?" I asked Zant as Midna stormed away stuttering profusely. Zant sighed looking down at me. "A soul." He murmured sadly, I sat up. "So does that mean... you'll have to leave me. For real?" Zant nodded quietly. "It does." He then smiled at me. "(Y/n), think of all the good times we've had. It's time for you to let me go. Besides, you'll always be able to see me. When you're traveling in and out of the Twilight Realm, I'll be there with you."

Zant kissed my head softly, I closed my eyes. "Yes, I guess so." I whispered and felt him take the pendant from around my neck. With a tug it snapped in his transparent hand. "You won't be needing this." He said and smiled before handing me a new pendant. "But this. It'll provide for all of your needs, since I'm gone. Your clawshots, sword, arrows... anything." Zant murmured as I looked at it. "It's... beautiful." I whispered as Zant placed it in my palm. "Dragon's breath opal." He said quietly.