Chapter 10

Hestia's P.O.V.

I watched as Haze pulled off his hood. He looked the same as the last time I had seen him. So broken, shattered almost, like glass.

He did not look like he did when he was banished those years ago. Not just his features changed, but also his personality.

And those eyes held stories, stories that should be forgotten or had never had happened.

I looked at the scars on his neck. Those blasted scars that were all over his body. Those scars that would never go away.

I remember the day I first came to him in the underworld . He was so fragile, so afraid that everyone else he ever knew would take away the last of his precious loyalty.

I remember every time the hero loses someone he cherishes, his fatal flaw would make him feel like he was the one at fault, like he hadn't done his best to save them or he hadn't done his best if they leave him. He will feel like it was his fault that everything went wrong because he wasn't enough for them. And with the recent events that happened, the boy didn't have the will to live anymore

I remember as he would beg me, all the Olympians, anyone......, every day to come and save him. But no one ever did.

I remember it all like it was yesterday.....

I was silently tending the hearth when I heard Zeus talking about Perseus.

"He is being tortured in the most brutal way possible for someone like him, by holographic forms of his 'friends'." I heard only I can assume Hades said.

"Serves him right." Stated Dionysus as other quickly agreed.

I shook my head in disagreement.Percy wouldn't have betrayed Olympus, I just knew it.

I felt my mind open up.

It was a prayer. I never got prayers, unless someone needed hope. But for the past two years I got a prayer from one person. One person who needed a lot of hope, for he was broken.

'Lady Hestia, please forgive me of my sins as others will not. I hope that one day, I will see light again.'
*************************************************
That night I snuck out of Olympus and to the Underworld without my brother seeing.

I looked in Elysium first, since I knew what a hero he was before he committed his crimes.

He was not there.

I walked past the Lethe, the river of forgetfulness, to the Fields of Punishment, remembering what Hades said earlier.

I saw such horrendous things there, that no one deserves as fate. Everywhere was bore and no emotion except agony.

This place made me shudder, there was no inch of hope in any of these unfortunate souls.

I was about to give up and turn around, since he most likely wouldn't have been here, until out of the corner of my eye, I saw a flash the size of a button that was filled with hope.

I walked up closer to the soul. And what I saw made my heart stop.

In front of me was a beaten up soul, whose hair was covered in blood, but I still could make out that raven black hair anywhere.

I touched his forehead and saw everything that has happened to him in this time.

Percy went through torture, more than just scars of all the words people called him. He was being burned, drowned... Although how he drowned nobody knows, beat, whipped, strangled, electrified.