Chapter 18

Haze's P.O.V.

I remember the way the sun kissed her hair that day on the beach. I remember the sweet salty smell as it mixed with her flowery scent. I remember the waves as they crashed like drums, giving me music as a way to heal after all that has happened.

But most of all I remember the way her eyes held that same fierceness as they always had, with a little bit of nervousness.

"Percy." I watched the way as her eyes watered up and her lip quivered as she was about to cry.

"Percy we have always been friends and always will be."

I remember the way my hand gripped my jeans in anticipation of what I know what was about to happen.

"Percy I will always love you."

Love, a word I held dearest to my heart. Now something so foreign, something so untouchable.

" Percy, I think we should break up." Her voice cracked with sadness, or was it guilt.

I remember the way my eyes started to water. I remember the way I felt the water come down my face. I remember the way it burned my skin, but I tried to hold the pain in.

"Percy please understand, it's not your fault." She pleaded.

If it's not my fault then why are you leaving? Why is everyone leaving? Am I not good enough? Am I just a abomination? Am I a disappointment? Am I too disappointing for you even to love me after all we went through?

All the thoughts ran through my head but I couldn't get the words to come out of my mouth.

Instead I closed my eyes and smiled.

I turned to Annabeth and gave her smile to release her of her guilt.

I gave her a hug, so she wouldn't see the tears as they slipped out of my eyes.

I quickly whipped them away and made sure my voice wouldn't crack as I was gonna say the sentence that would release her of me.

" It's okay Annie, whatever you decide I will always be there for you."

I remember the way she gave me a sly smile and gave me a hug.

I remember the way she walked away from me in a quick pace.

I remember the way I thrown the wedding ring I spent two months trying to get from doing labors for Athena's blessing.

I remember when she was out of sight before I ran to the woods.

I remember the way as I was about to release all the sadness I have felt over the years.

I remember the way I was jumped before I made it there.

I remember the way the knife was stabbed into my abdomen.

I remember it all.

All the pain.

All the guilt.

All the love.

All the loss.

I remember it all.
*************************************************

"Haze time for dinner." Screamed Thalia jumping me out of my thoughts.

"Coming M'Lady."

Sooooo that was depressing....

Anyways for your question: Would you rather be Greek or Roman?

Me I would choose Roman, because of the Renaissance.

Till next time :)