Chapter 21

Haze's P.O.V.

I opened my eyes and stretched my arms. Last night Artemis had given me a rundown on a suspected war and that was why I was placed as their guardian. It was a long night and I had collapsed in my tent and fallen asleep instantly.

Now after a long sleep I was getting up, although I couldn't understand why it felt like I was moving. I looked to the side and saw that my sleeping bag was sitting on a wooden raft and floating on the lake.

I looked to the shore to see the hunters, minus Artemis and Thalia, laughing as hard as they possibly could. I shrugged, while it was a good idea for a prank they had chosen a poor target to push into a lake.

I unzipped the sleeping bag and rolled into the water, moving at a speed that isn't normally obtainable by a human and launched myself out of the water onto the shore. I was perfectly dry but the hunters were caught by the wake I left behind, drenching them all thoroughly.

I supressed a laugh before pointing my outstretched palm at the raft with my sleeping bag still on it. I closed my hand and a wave rose behind the raft and brought it to the shore.

"Nice prank girls but next time don't try and push a son— a person who has water powers into a lake."(Haze burns by salt water not fresh water) I said as I took my sleeping bag back to my tent. After I had put my sleeping bag away I found Artemis asking the hunters why they were wet. I walked up behind the hunters and clapped my hands, causing all the water to suddenly convert into mist and willed the mist out over the lake before converting it back to water.

"See all better." I said as Phoebe shot me a dirty look.Phoebe still didn't like the idea of me not showing them all my powers.

"Ah Haze good to see you so energetic today. I am taking the hunters on a quick hunt and while we're gone you are going to wash all the clothes over there." Said Artemis as she pointed to a pile of clothes covered in monster dust as well as regular dirt and grime.

"My Lady, the idea of having a guardian is that they guard you. If I am here then I can't help you." I said trying to reason with her.

"I do not need the protection of a man!" exclaimed Artemis as the hunters snickered before getting their gear and heading out with Artemis. I just sighed before using my powers to start washing the clothes.

As I was finishing I heard a scream coming from the woods. I looked to the direction and saw it was the way the hunters had left. I dropped everything before charging towards the sound.

When I arrived I saw a pack of hellhounds that outnumbered the hunters three to one. I pulled out my sword , revealing my bronze sword in all its glory. I charged and started taking down the hellhounds.

When the number of hellhounds had decreased to a more tolerable level I saw what had caused the scream. One of the youngest hunters, Mary I think her name was, was lying on the ground her right arm horribly burnt.

I looked around for what could have caused the burn to see a battle raging in a clearing that had been hidden from sight. The trees that had been blocking the way were burnt down to ashes revealing Artemis battling with Hyperion. Artemis looked to be losing quickly.

I looked down to Mary and quickly drew some water from the air and surrounded her arm, I channelled my essence into the water making it heal her arm, repairing the burns and healing the arm to a level that it was no longer in danger of being damaged beyond repair. She wouldn't be able to pull back a bow string for a while but still she would still have an arm.

I looked to the battle between God and Titan and charged forward as Hyperion was preparing to a downward slash at a defenceless Artemis.

What animal did Frank turn into to escape the Chinese handcuff game?

:)