Chapter 28

Thalia's P.O.V.

We were currently sitting around the ping pong table, apparently when M'Lady went to Olympus with the guardian a new prophecy was announced.

This is bad.

Last time we had a prophecy we had two major wars.I knew we were gonna have one, but it's approaching faster than I thought.

I glanced at Artemis and she seems anxious, like whatever this prophecy is it's bad. I follow her gaze and it's on Haze. She seems to be giving his a curious but knowing look at the same time.

I turned my attention to our guardian, Haze. He had his head down  and was biting his lip. He seemed to be having a battle inside his head and doesn't seem to know which side is winning.

I hear the loud clomps of Chiron before he comes into the room. When he steps in, everything becomes silent.

"As we know, a war is approaching." He says. "Today while Artemis was on Olympus, Apollo gave us a prophecy. Whatever it means or whatever happens I want the Athena cabin to try and decode it, while everyone continue on their regular things and chores." 

He nods at Artemis to begin. She takes a breath before restating the prophecy.

"Current oaths will be dropped to earth and time

A betrayed soldier will reveal the crime

With an old ally they will make a force

That will help Olympus stay its course

The ruling pair will step down

So a new couple can be handed the crown."

The thickness of the room could be cut with a butter knife. The last two statements made my heart stop.

Olympus will have new rulers.

This could be really bad or really good.

Oh god. No wonder M'Lady was upset.

The Greek and Roman world will change forever.

"Everyone the capture the flag game will still be on tonight, so go get prepared while I have a word with Artemis." Chiron said, breaking me from my thoughts.

As I walk out of the cabin, I head to the beach to think about what I just learned.

Others probably thinks it's really weird being a child of Zeus and being comforted from the ocean. It's not necessarily  the ocean but more of getting to be closer to a long lost friend .

Today is the weekly Capture the Flag game, and because the Hunters and I were here, it would be campers versus Hunters.

Normally Annabeth, Percy, Nico, and I would be having fun right now but it's never been the same since he left.

And how are we gonna win this war without him?

***********************************************

Now, it was late in the afternoon and I sat by the canoe lake, throwing rocks into the water, mulling over possibilities that could happen because of this war.

I shook my head and snorted. You know you're spending too much time with a child of Athena when you start to analyze situations.

Plop.

The hunters and I arrived at Camp Half-Blood a couple days ago.The hunt has been weird recently with a 'man' guardian, but I strongly find comfort being by him.

Plop.

Anyways, there was Derek , Percy's half-brother, the idiot who thinks he should hit on the hunters every chance he gets, got beat up by Haze.

But Haze  wouldn't let anything to get to him, unless Derek  did something to REALLY tick Haze off. Personally, I don't think it's possible to tick Haze off THAT much because we the hunters have tried.

Derek must have said something bad to him, or maybe, maybe Haze knew Derek from something else.....

"Thalia. What are you doing?" a voice behind me said.

I turned around. It was Phoebe. I resumed throwing my rocks into the lake.

Plop.

"Thinking about the guardian. He seemed really off about the prophecy."

"I know he did seem off, but I personally think he is off anyways. I mean, I was honestly starting to respect him, and you know my past with men." she said.

Phoebe was raped by a whole gang when she was just 8. Artemis told me Phoebe was so lost and broken when she found her.

I was so frustrated about thought I accidently summoned a lightning bolt out of the sky. It struck the lake with a loud bang, leaving the air smelling of ozone.

I sat back down trying to calm back down. I closed my eyes. I heard the sounds of Phoebe sitting down next to me.

And then I felt a massive wave of water crash onto both of us. The water receded and I was left, spluttering and coughing the salty water from my mouth.

Phoebe wasn't too much better. I glared at the lake and saw a nymph floating near the shore. She was glaring at me and here hair seemed to be singed.

"Whoops." I shouted an apology and the nymph sank back into the lake looking slightly less angry.

"Phoebe. Go and take my place to discuss the tactics for tonight. I need to calm down for a bit. I can't think right now."

Phoebe nodded and walked away. I resumed my thinking.

Percy gone.

The guardian here.

The war approaching.

The prophecy.

At least there was one bright side to my week; we get to kick a bunch of campers butts tonight in capture the flag.

What's the name of the evil cheerleader in the Percy Jackson book, The Battle of the Labyrinth?

Sorry I'm late in posting.

:)