Chapter 13

3rd P.OV.

The hunters all tried to attack at once but couldn't achieve because there was something blocking there attacks.

Artemis walked over that way and put her hand up, which suddenly made contact with a wall.

Force Field, she thought spitly .

The man smiled, but it was hard to see under his hood.

Now that the hunters got a closer look, they were surprised to see that he had a silver mask on his face. The mask was plain—covering half his face, cutting off at his cheekbones—except for the black crescent moon on his forehead.

" "Now that I am here, is there anything you wish for me to do, Milady Artemis?" he asked, surprising the hunters further.

Artemis flushed with embarrassment, because she had forgotten how the whole arrangement worked. "Um...I guess you can patrol the forest for any leftover monsters. Just don't disturb us," she said.

He nodded and crossed one hand over his chest, then bowed slightly. "Of course, Milady Artemis," he said.

"Artemis How can you agree to having this dog, in the hunt." Shouted Artemis's lieutenants Thalia.

" Dog? Do you think of me as a dog, Thalia? Should I refer to you as a tree then?" Questioned Haze.

Thalia flushed with embarrassment, I mean after all she did speed about 8 years as a tree.

Haze smiles, still with closing his eyes, and turns to walk away.But before he could leave, Thalia called him back. "Wait! How...how do you know my name?" she asked.

A quiet chuckle erupted from the man's mouth. "Of course I know who you are. You are the great Thalia Grace, daughter of Zeus, one of the big three. I know a lot about all of you, but only time will tell." he said before making his way out into the forest, scouting for any monsters that may have escaped.

As soon as he was gone, the hunters all turned to their mistress. "Who is that boy? And why is he here?" they questioned, causing Artemis to sigh.

"Girls, quiet down. I'll explain everything," she said.

The hunters gathered around, eager to hear what their mistress had to say. Artemis took a deep breath. "Hestia, my aunt , claims this man as her son. He has been the one who has been saving demigods all this time. Zeus believes that he could be a threat to Olympus over time so appointed him The Guardian of The Hunt. I don't know much about his past, but it seems to loath him. I can't explain why he wears a hood either, he clearly is someone I nor none of the other Olympians besides Hestia has met before. He claims his name is Haze, but since Apollo is my brother, the god of prophecy I can clearly tell he was lie he lying."

"That's be correct, but I would like for you all to call me Haze and not question me about what my old name was," a voice said. The girls turned to see the man standing a few feet away.

He crossed his arm over his chest and bowed, "Milady Artemis, I have finished patrolling the woods. There are no monsters within a great distance of this place. I know that you requested that I do not disturb you and your huntresses, but I heard you talking, and I am willing to inform you of anything you wish to know," he said politely.

Artemis was surprised that he was being so polite, but she nodded.

She nodded once more, "Oh, yes, go ahead. Tell us everything," she commanded.

The man nodded in reply. He snapped his fingers, and the air around them glowed, and suddenly, all of the hunters' tents and supplies shot out of their bags, the tents setting themselves up and the supplies and bags all going to their separate tents.

He snapped his fingers once more, and some logs floated out of the woods, forming a circle in the center of camp, around a campfire pit that appeared suddenly.

The man sat down, gesturing for the hunters and their mistress to sit as well. He took a deep breath before he began.

Haze spoke of many of his travels around the world. How he spent time at many different places learning almost all the style of combat. He talked about how Hestia had saved his life and gave him hope in a time of need, not getting into much detail. And he talked about a lot of the hardships he has had to have faced.

But one thing that peaked Artemis's interest was how he never spoke anything about his past life in much detail. It was as if he wanted it to be forgotten, but knew that was what made him, so he still holds onto it with a tight clutch.

As Haze came to a end some hunters gave him glares ( older hunters) while others showed a hint of curiosity and interest on what he had to say.

When Haze finished the hunters quickly went to their tents giving Haze a glance as of where he was going to sleep.

Haze walked to the woods and climbed a tree to sleep, which many hunters found strange, especially in a man , that he wouldn't demand a tent.

Haze silently stared out into the horizon over the camp and to the stars.

He gave a small smile, without closing his eyes, and nodded to his favorite constellation, The Huntress.

He watched as the lights flickered off in the tents before laying back in the tree.

"If only I could tell you..." he said, staring at their tents, which were at the very top of the semicircle of the campsite...

Bum bum bum I wanna do a questions at the end of the up coming chapters

so first question....

Who is your favorite Olympian?

Mine would be Hermes

Comment down below your answer and let's see who gets commented the most :)