Chapter 31

Annabeth's P.O.V.

I remember the last days Percy walked through the woods, through the camp, on the sea.

He smiled.

He laughed.

He joked.

And he was alone.

Even while blood ran down his face as the other campers beat and tortured him, both mentally and physically, he always smiled.

He was exhausted from the repeated fighting.He stayed strong for the younger campers, so those who still looked up to him wouldn't be worried.

The sad part..., no one looked up to him anymore.

With tears streaming down my face, I could do nothing but sit cross-legged on the sandy shore and stare at the horizon in front of me.

Waves of a deep royal blue crept towards me before running away, only to repeat the process in a cycle that caused droplets of salty water to spray onto my bare, sand-encrusted feet.

  It's only been four years.

Four years since he run away from both of the camps.

Four years since both of the camps, and the gods banished him. (Time runs different in the Underworld)

Yep, you heard that right, they banished him. Us demigods aren't supposed to know, but we know he was sent to the Underworld and is probably still there.

Nico said he felt him, and never would stop looking. I feel really bad for him, since he was the last person Percy talked too, he felt responsible for finding him.

But it wasn't Nico's fault, it was us campers.

See it  all started when Percy got a new half-brother, named Derek Johnson.

He's only two years younger than Percy, but the thing is, he looks nothing like him. Derek's eyes are more dull blue than green and his hair is dark brown, not jet black like Percy's.

The more surprising thing is that, Derek can't do stuff with water. Trust me, they made him try. It was kind of suspicious. 

Well anyway, once he got to Camp Half-Blood, he decided to make Percy's life a living hell. He told lies about him and made people think Percy did things like pranks on them, when in reality he did them. 

Slowly, all of his friends turned against him. So did most of the gods, for being mean to their children or champions or whatnot.

Only Hestia  stayed by his side, because she somehow saw through Derek's doing. She gave him her blessing, which he was more than grateful for. 

So, his friends turned against him. His girlfriend cheated on him with Derek. Everybody ignored him, as if he was a ghost.

But that was nothing. 

What really got him was when Poseidon came up to him and said he disowns Percy, apparently, for being an utter failure. 

Percy had a silent nod, and stayed strong.

Then the thing that broke him happened. His mom,Paul, and his new little sister weren't gonna be apart of his life anymore.

Nobody knew who did it, when Percy completely broke down on his knees and started sobbing. 

Thing no one, even myself, thought we would have ever seen.  

The day when Peruses Achilles Jackson cried.

After that day, Percy lost the spark in his eyes.

I shifted my feet anxiously on the sand before taking a deep breath and continuing.

Most of the gods would just glare at him when they would visit camp, or they would call him names and push him around.

That means all of the Olympians and the other gods, apart from Hestia of course. 

That was all until four years ago when the camp told him to get out.

No, literally.

Derek told them another lie, something big this time. 

Percy didn't exactly know what, but it was something about him saying; 'Titans are better than gods'.

Percy didn't even have a chance to deny it, before they all started calling him names and told him to get out.

  So he did.

He scrambled into the Poseidon cabin and packed his bags.

Then at night, Percy got out of cabin number 3, not looking back and ran to the woods.

We hear stories about what happened afterward, but we don't know if it's true.

Both camps hated him.

Oh right, see Camp Jupiter hated him too.

Even the hunters hated him though, and he earned their trust, even his most trusted cousin.

Yep you see, even Thalia, Reyna and Grover hate him.

Even them. 

So he just left... just left.

We never heard from him.

We never knew what we did wrong until we saw a vision put the oracle the replayed what happened.

We saw tell him to leave.

We saw us tell him die.

We saw us break him.

When we showed the gods, they went and looked in the Underworld, but they didn't find him.

We searched and searched, but eventually we stopped.

If he didn't want to be found then we wouldn't try.

Nico never stopped though.

And with the new war approaching, we're screwed.

How are we gonna win without are greatest demigod?

How am I gonna continue without him?

I stared at the ocean and watched the waves hit the shore, something me and Percy did often.

But beyond those magical waves was something even more amazing and breath-taking: The sunset.Beautiful smudges of coral, lavender, turquoise, and a fiery orange blended together to create a sight so astounding it swept me away from all of my worries, just like the waves creeping over seashells and stealing them in a matter of seconds.

My last teardrop fell and hit the soft white sand, and a warm feeling of safety and security overwhelmed me as the sun dipped down below the horizon.

This was the time Percy and I would come to the beach. Just being near it gave me comfort.

The vast ocean in front of me was my home, where I belonged with Percy, a place to escape from my life away from the waves.

Nothing could ever take that feeling away.

All I need is him here.

And so I set on the sand every night waiting for him to return.

.......And I'll wait for him forever.

So since it's almost Christmas I decided to write another chapter for y'all.

This chapter is also a finish up of what happened, and will most likely be the last.

What is Coach Hedge's baby's name?

Till next time,
Merry Christmas!