Chapter 29

Haze's P.OV.

All day I was lost in my thoughts.

Hestia's proclamation to the consul.

The prophecy and how I am connected to it.

And how Olympus is supposedly gonna have new rulers.

Suddenly my lungs got tight and I couldn't breathe. I ran out of the recreation hall and into the woods so no one could see my breakdown.

I put one foot in front of the other and emerged out in the fresh air, I saw the world spin and I felt my heart shatter.

'Why?' I asked myself.

'Why any of this? Why can't I just be someone normal? Why did it have to be me?'

You're always alone, no matter what happens. (The dark voice in his head)

"I am always alone," I muttered.

No one loves you, you just a mere pawn in their game.

"No one loved me." I agreed.

When I finally was able to control my breathing, rustling happened in the bushes behind me.

I stared whoever it is with a deadly glare, making sure to get my point to come out across.

I saw two hands raise before a blob of black hair emerged.

"Sorry to disturb you, I was just coming this way and I heard muttering." Says the black haired boy. "You're the guardian of the hunt, aren't you?"

I nodded my head as my lips drew in a stern line.

"Sorry you probably are confused why a random stranger came up to you. Hi my name is Nico." He said as he put his hand out for a handshake.

"Haze." I replied while following his gesture.

"Are you alone? I thought I heard people talking." He said.

"No it's just me. I didn't realize I was talking to myself."I replied normally, as I knew my voice didn't sound the same as it once was.

"So I heard you were the one saving demigods, it must be strange coming into the camp after bringing kids here for so long." Said Nico.

"Yeah, I would rather be talked about instead of stared at though." I replied sarcastically, forgetting about who I was talking to.

I watched the side of his lips cork up for a second before they drew in a thin line and his eyes dilated in slits as they were analyzing me.

"You seem like someone I once knew." He said curiosity filling his expression.

" I get that a lot." I relied blankly, drawing a mask of any emotion.

"Have we met before?" He asked.

I looked at his eyes, the eyes of my last friend and knew I couldn't lie to him.