Chapter 30

3rd P.O.V.

"Ares and Hermes will lead the front line attack." Annabeth announced. "You guys engage in battle and create as much chaos as possible. Try to focus the opponent's attention on you."

Annabeth stood at the front of the amphitheater while the rest of the campers assembled around her.

"Hermes cabin will sneak around from the outskirts of the forest, and you guys will keep a lookout on the Roman's base. Make sure no Roman spy gets to our side unnoticed." Annabeth continued.

The Hermes campers nodded in agreement. Sneaking around in all stealth and secrecy was something they could handle with no problem.

"Now," commanded Annabeth. "The Hephaestus cabin will follow them and make sure the traps are not deactivated. Apollo cabin will hide around our base and do the defense and snipe on anyone who's coming to get our flag."

Nods from the golden haired guys in the crowd told Annabeth that they understood what they were tasked to do.

"The rest of you, will be led by Frank for the attack team," said Annabeth. "Clear?"

Another round of collective nods and murmurs were heard, which concluded the meeting.

Haze stood up suddenly, standing at the front of the young campers. Uncapping his twin blades, which sprang immediately into a celestial bronze sword, he raised it high above his head. Everyone turned their attention to him.

"Let us show those Campers what we're made of Tonight! We will have victory over the them! No one will best us in our own game! Tonight we fight for victory! For the Hunters! And for Lady Artemis !"

The group erupted with a war cry as every hunter got to their feet, punching their fists in the air and shouting something eligible back. The adrenaline was multiplied tenfold as they screamed for victory.

They quickly surround the flag, armed and ready to attack.

Then Hephaestus kids were the first to stream out of the amphitheater, having muttered something about needing to set up traps in the forest grounds.

The Ares kids who were all rilled up where in charged out of the amphitheater into the the direction they were assigned to. They set out to find the flag, exactly where Haze is at.

As they grew closer to him, the young hunters all stood brave behind Haze ready to protect their blue flag.

Haze  scanned the sea of heads, hoping to find a particular daughter of Ares. He'd seen her just moments ago, but when he got up to get ready to fight, she seemed to have managed to vanish into thin air.

"Where's your leader?" Haze called out to the armed group informs of him.

An Ares kid, Haze didn't recognize, turned around with a smirk. "What ever do you mean?"

"Clarissa wouldn't have her group in a middle of a fight." Haze replied.

Clarisse already had a plan in mind and that was to attack the guardian and be able to see who he really was. So while he was being distracted by Joshua, she surprise attacked him.

Clarissa and her minions made a circle around Haze while he stood there not seeming to move.

Haze turned to look at the young hunters to see them surrounded as well. It made the pit in his stomach hurt seeing his sisters in trouble.

He diverted his eyes to see a blurry figure only and glimpse visible make its way to them. He inwardly smirked before turned his attention back to Clarissa.

" We can do this the easy way or the hard way." Said Clarissa.

" Well I never get a choice and it's usually the hard way, so let's just stick with that." Haze replied, fully aware of her new plan..

Clarissa gave a grin before charging, her comrades following her lead.

Haze dropped his elbow down on a Areas kid just as he'd got his sword out.

He swung his sword with both spear and angina that was encephalic and deadly at the same time.

Then he saw Derek appear in the clearing and he smirked when he saw him roar and attack as well.

Just as Derek pulled out his sword Haze's heart dropped.

Riptide, an old memory , was in the hands of Derek still.

It was just about to strike Haze hard, but as the metal barely touched a hair on Haze's skin  a slight blue glow erupted in the forest from the sword.

Derek dropped to the ground holding his neck a bruise already forming and he saw, everybody stop including Annabeth, who was still invisible.

Haze didn't understand why though all they'd seen was Derek  hit the deck by himself.

He was clumsy though so he was sure they'd shake it off.

He stood still as nobody moved until Clarisse got on the floors again.

He jumped at the air and caught somebody's shoulder an invisible shoulder, Annabeth's shoulder.

She squealed as she got pulled to the ground and he ripped the cap off her head making her visible again.

He dipped his hood for a second, just long enough for her to see the look of hatred burning into her, before turning to Clarissa and saying , "Well next time you should think before coming straight into a group of well trained hunters."

They all gave him a confusing once over before realizing all the young hunters has surround them with weapons raised.

He smiled and walked beside Tabitha and Marci before rustling came behind them.

Meanwhile, the older hunters were fighting off the Romans .

The praetors – Reyna and Frank – were giving orders on the position of their troops trying there best to stop the hunters.Everything, such as the forest slopes and possible hideouts was taken into consideration.

Annabeth, who had a little more experience on the way the hunters worked, looked into the flaws of their plans before the battle and approved of them.

Only after two full hours did was the fight between them finalize with a lot wounded and the hunters bringing the red flag to the base.

As Thalia lead the group of sweaty girls into Zeus's fist, she saw the younger hunters surrounding the campers.

She smirked in proudness before walking to the rock and putting the flag with the blue one.

Chiron came into the clearing and announced the hunters victory.

It ended with a lot of sweat, tears, and a really hard slap on the back to Haze from Thalia.

Favorite god's weapon?

I don't know  if this counts as a weapon but I love Hermes's shoes.

Welp..... Enjoy