Chapter 35

3rd P.O.V.

Haze heard the war cries of the hunters and campers,and smiled as he snapped the neck of another monster. The monster turned to dust and he launched himself into the air, before dive-bombing and slicing two hellhounds in half.

"Hunters! Arm you bows!" Thalia cried out.

As one, the two-dozen immortal maidens pulled out their bows and sent a virtual wave towards the rest of the monsters, most finding their mark and piercing their skin.

Haze was quick enough to fly out of the kill zone, before the arrows could skewer him. The arrows did their job and soon, all the monsters were dead and golden dust littered the ground.

"Hey Thalia! Give a guy a little warning next time!" He called down to his cousin as he began to descend to the ground.

She smirked up at him. "That was for not telling us you have flippin wings
!" She retorted at him.

He looked at her in disbelief. "Really? You were going to let a bunch of arrows skewer me during the middle of a fight? What if I got hit?" He asked incredulously.

She just shrugged her shoulders. "I knew you would be able to dodge them. And if not, you have those impenetrable wings, don't ya?" She said, still smirking.

He just shook his head in disbelief.

Without warning, he whipped out his wings to block a blast of flames coming from the forest that would have fried half the hunters.

With lightning reflexes, he spun around, while pulling out a throwing knife and launched it into the forest. They all heard a roar of pain, signaling he actually hit something.

They all watched as two figures emerged from the forest. One was the size of a an elephant. The front of its body was that of a lion, with a blood-caked mane, sharp four-inch fangs covered in black foam, and intelligent, wild eyes that zeroed in on Haze.

The back half of its body was that of a goat, with a goat head growing from its spine and having the back hooves of one. Finally, from the base of its spine, ten-foot, diamond back rattlesnake, its head whipping back and forth. Haze's throwing knife was embedded in its side and it was glaring at him in hate.

The other figure, was much more intimidating. It was obviously a woman, albeit, a very ugly one. Her lowered body was comprised of a thick and incredibly twenty-foot long snake tail, which was grafted onto a fat upper body. Her arms were covered in scales and he head was no less ugly than the last time Haze saw it. Forked tongue, reptilian slitted eyes, and a face that would make anyone cry for their mother.

The figures before them were the fire-breathing monster, the Chimera, and the Mother of All Monsters, Echidna.

Slithering forward, Echidna smiled at the frozen group before her, her mouth filled with sharp fangs.

"Lookey here sonny! Look what we have here. A bunch of pre-pubescent girls, a group of parent problem demigods, and the grim ripper himself! Why you have got to be the weirdest group I have ever seen!" She said cheerfully, not at all concerned by the dozens of arrows and blades pointed at her face.

"Echidna." Haze snarled, his eyes darkening.

Echidna focused her sights on Haze before a malicious smile crossed her lip.

"Haze" She hissed out, "I haven't seen you since that hissy fit in Tartarus. How have you been?" She asked condescendingly.

The hunters and campers  all gapped at Haze, hearing that he faced of against the Mother of All Monsters and in Tartarus! What was he doing there?!