Chapter 20

3rd P. O. V.

It has been a month since his entrance in the hunt. The girls started to really trust him. Yes, they still had troubles sometimes and seemed suspicious, but it was rarer.

They still pranked him but it wasn't dangerous and Haze always stayed calm as long as they didn't try to harm him.

During his training with Artemis, he improved his mastering of his daggers and sword. During his free time, he began to train with his powers and his spear.

He just finished his lessons with Artemis and walked to his tent to rest a bit. He dropped his weapons and laid down on his bed. He closed his eyes and was about to fall asleep when he heard Thalia scream. He smirked and and walked lazily out of his black tent.

When he looked around, he saw the lieutenant, all muscles tensed and covered in a sticky pink goo.

Haze saw this and muffled a laugh in his hand. On the other other side of the camp, Phoebe and Sabrina were laughing out loud, pointing the poor lieutenant.

"Phoebe! Get here!" Yelled the lieutenant with a red face. Phoebe put a poker face and walked to her.

"Yes Thalia, what can I do for you?" Asked the huntress. This made the lieutenant growl.

"Care to explain why this pink substance fell on me when I stepped out of my tent?"

"I don't know Thalia, maybe a.... divine punishment?" Answered the girl, making it sound like a question. This was too much and Haze rolled on the floor, tears falling from his eyes as his hilarity was taking him. Thalia glared at him and Haze immediately shot on his feets.

With a flick of his wrist, he threw water on her, washing her but instantly laughed harder along with the other hunters. Thalia intensified her glare.

"Why are you laughing now?"

"It's... It's that your skin is slightly pink from the goo. It's tainted." Answered Haze between two fit of laughter. Thalia growled and notched an arrow on her bow, pointing it at Phoebe, whose eyes widened.

She began to run, followed by an angry lieutenant.

Haze shook his head and walked to the armory and began to sharpen the arrows. He took the habit of doing a chore a day on his own to help the Hunt and began to sharpen the arrows. He did it for an hour.

After an hour, he felt a hand on his shoulder. He jumped and put a hand on a hunting knife on his shoulder as he faced the intruder. who turned out to be Ellen, a hunter who particularly disliked him.

"What are you doing here mutt? Shouldn't you be playing in the mud?" Asked the girl. Haze frowned.

" I'm sharpening the knives and arrows. Whatever, I'll leave, I just finished after all." He walked out, head high and saw Phoebe and Thalia now speaking calmly.

"Hey Phoeb! Pinky! Can I speak to you for a second?" Called out Haze. Every huntresses snickered at the nickname and Thalia frowned.

"It depends? Does it involve me shooting arrows at you for the name?" Haze chuckled.

"Close, but not quite, I would like to train. As I am the worst archer of Greek history, could you help me with that?" Thalia looked thoughtful for a moment, but only for one. She frowned from a memory of someone she knew but nodded anyhow, and Haze's face broke into a grin.

"But. I need to think of a training program, we simply can't do it like that in a rush. We'll talk about that with Milady ok?"

Haze nodded and looked at the sky. It was already midday. He walked to the table with the two huntresses and began to eat with the rest of the hunt. Everyone was talking joyously. Artemis then turned to Haze.

"So young guardian . How is the hunt with you?" Asked the young looking goddess with genuine interest. He was, after all, a rather unusual male.

"They are great milady. There is still some tension between certain members of course, but apart from that, they are great with me." Answered Haze . Artemis smiled a little at that.

"Who are those members? I will speak to them." Kindly asked Artemis. But to her surprise, he shook his head.

"Don't worry about that Milady. I will solve those problems myself. I'm sure it is only because they have a traumatizing past and don't trust men. Time will solve this." Everyone raised an eyebrow at the maturity of the young hunter.

"Oh. And Lady Artemis. I have a request. Nothing big. I would like to know if some hunters who trust me could train me in speed and agility, so I could avoid and parry projectiles." Artemis nodded.

"Of course, I don't see any problem with that. You should begin with avoiding arrow in non lethal areas, like the limbs, and then, when you mastered it, pass to the lethal ones, first step, the torso, and then the head. And using blunt arrows." Answered the goddess while nodding. Haze smiled.

"Thank you Milady. I also think that I should begin that with two huntresses shooting, and then, when the cycle is complete, redoing it with three then four etc." Completed the young hunter. Artemis approved and half an hour later, the training began.

Don don don......

If you can turn into a animal what would it be?

I think I would be a Falcon.

Till next time :)