Chapter 18

Chapter Eighteen.
"You really brought a freaking basketball with you Austin"I asked. He smiled and shrugged. "Do you play?"He asked. I laughed and shook my head. "No"I said. He grabbed my hand and dragged me off the bus. I could hear Justin rehearsing inside, the arena. They had a basketball hoop in the parking lot, which is really strange. "One on one"Austin said. "No! I told you I don't play!"I said. He laughed. "If I win, you have to kiss me"Austin said. I rolled my eyes. "If you win, you still have to kiss me"Austin said. "Nice try. Hot shot"I said.

Austin rolled his eyes. "How about, if you win, I get to do whatever you want, for the rest of the day. Like get you stuff"I said. Austin nodded."Alright. And if you win...You can go up to Justin on stage and kiss him"Austin said. "That's not the best idea, Scooter hates when I interrupt Justin's sound check"I said. Austin nodded. "Then, I guess it's back to you kissing me"Austin said. "Austin"I said. He laughed. "I'm just joking! Take a joke babe"he said shooting with his eyes on me. The ball bounced off the backboard and went in. My mouth dropped. "How..How did you do that?"I asked.

"It's called skill, babe"Austin said. I rolled my eyes. "That's not fair!"I said. Austin laughed and shook his head. "It is actually"Austin said. "That's like, me vs. you at soccer"I said. Austin laughed. "I bet you're not that bad, J"Austin said. He gave me the ball, and I shot. It went over the backboard, and in the grass. I scratched the back of my neck, and Austin laughed. "I take that back, you're awful"Austin said. "Austin!"I said starting to fake cry. "Don't do that. Come on, I'm not gullible Joanna"Austin said. I started to fake sob in my hands. I turned around and started to walk back to the bus.

"Joanna! I'm sorry, I was just joking. You're amazing!"Austin said running towards me. I turned around and started laughing. Austin playfully pushed me. "Don't do that!"Austin said. I smiled. "I'm glad you care though"I said. He smiled. I was actually really good at basketball, in my opinion. I just wanted Austin to think I was bad. This plan is awesome. "Alright ready?"I asked. He nodded and passed me the ball since 'I'm terrible at basketball'

I dribbled really badly, and I shot. It went in, "See! You made one!"Austin said. I smiled and nodded.

~~~

I ended up winning, like I planed. "I hate you"Austin said. I smiled. "No you don't. You love me, I'm your best friend"I said put of breath. "Not anymore! You tricked me!"He said. I smiled, and winked. Austin pushed me and I laughed. "You should have known kid, Joanna and sports, are like peanut butter and jelly. They mix perfectly"A deep voice said. I turned around, and I saw someone that I've never expected to see in a million years. "Dad"I choked out. "Hey princess"He said walking over to me. "Don't touch me"I said backing up. Austin looked at me confused, "Where's Bieber. I heard you're married to him"He said. "Why are you here"I snapped.

"I decided to come see you"He said. "I knew you'd be with Bieber. So I came here"He said. My jaw tightened. "What gives you the right to come back into my life"I hissed. "Princess, you don't mean that"He said. "Stay. Away"I hissed. "I wanted to see you again"He said. "You're supposed to stay 12 feet away from me"I hissed. "I guess I'm breaking a lot of rules today"He snapped. "You left us"I hissed. "That's not all I did, princess. Don't you remember?"

"Get away from me"I said. I grabbed Austin's hand and ran inside the arena. I heard in right behind me, I ran inside towards Justin. "Joanna!"He hissed. Everything stopped. My dad grabbed me, his arms tightened around my waist "Stop please!"I yelled. He released the grip, and Justin came running towards me. I ran to him, and he wrapped his arms tight, around me. "Look at this"My father said, as Kenny held his arms tight. "The new married couple"My dad said. "Why wasn't I invited to the wedding Joanna"He asked. "Leave"I said. "Now"I snapped.

He laughed. "You think you can get rid of me that easy?"He asked. Kenny threw him towards the door. "I'll be back Joanna. Just you wait! Sleep with one eye open tonight you're-" Kenny threw him out and locked the door. I sighed, and I felt a tear go down my cheek. "Joanna, who was that?"A soft voice ask. "My dad"I said softly into Justin's chest. Justin brought me back stage. "Will you tell me what happened?"He asked. I sighed, and looked down. "You don't have to"Justin said. "No. I should"I said.

"When I was ten, my mom left for work, so my dad was taking care of me. And, he came home drunk every night. And every night, he hit me"I said. Justin's eyes widened, he grabbed my hand. "The first day, it was just a slap. But it still hurt"I said. "The second day, he punched me in the stomach"I said. "The third day, he hit me so bad, I started bleeding a tiny bit"I said. "The fourth day, h-he cut me. With a knife"I said as tears poured out of my eyes. "The fifth day, he came home with a women, and they both started hitting me. And ripping my hair, and they both left me. On the floor, bloody, and almost dead"I said. Justin was in tears by now. "The sixth day, I looked at myself in the mirror. And saw, bruises, cuts. I lifted up my shirt, and saw a scar on my stomach, from where he cut me. He came into the bathroom, and grabbed my razor, he broke the razor, and took the sharp part. He stabbed me in the arm with it"I said. I took a breath, Justin was close to sobbing, he wiped his eyes. "On the seventh, and final day. My dad didn't come home, I was scared, and paranoid, every sound I heard was him pulling up in the driveway. It was eleven o'clock, and he still wasn't home. I thought he forgot about me. But, he didn't"I said shaking my head.

"Justin"I said. "He raped me"I whispered. Justin's eyes widened. "Baby.."Justin said. "He told me if I told anyone, or cried, screamed. H-he would kill me"I said. "That's why I haven't told you, I'm so sorry"I cried into his arms. He wrapped his arms around you. "I won't let him hurt or touch you. I promise, Joanna"Justin said. "After my mom came home, my father was gone. He left us, and my mom found me almost dead on the floor"I said. "She said she almost had a heart attack"I said. "We moved out of the state, and moved to Stratford"I said. "And started over"

"Not that he's found me, I-I'm scared"I said. Justin shook his head. "You're with me, your safe"He said. "Your always safe with me...I love you, so much"He said. "I love you to Justin"I said.

Yikes. . . I bet you really didn't see that coming... :/

Sorry if this scared you a little bit, I didn't really want to put a warning up... Because that would just ruin everything.

Let me know how this chapter was. I'll update soon.
~Megan