Operation: Ambush

Author's Note: So here's the first of this series!

On my way to work, I was randomly reading random stuff and I stumbled upon a book and a series of articles that made me think of doing this book. 

Yes, despite all the backlog I have. *cries a bucket*

Anyway, I do not know when the next one will come so hope you enjoy this one. ;)

--

Undated

This is not a serious diary entry.

I am a security detail. I was a student of the military academy, pulled out midway through the course because of one specific skill they say I am good at: espionage. I was short-listed to serve Number One and when he heard about my skill, he was more curious than impressed. I think.

The above paragraph is a mandatory paragraph I write just in case the pages of this diary will be torn off. I need this to remind myself of who I am.

Number One as what I prefer to call him interviewed me around 3 times. I was told that I was speculated to be the "new pick in Eve's garden of apples" because of my good (they say) looks and specific skill. But contrary to what they imagined, "N.O." is more curious of what I can do for him than how I look. He asked really probing questions that at some point instead of me making him feel uncomfortable, it was I who was put in the hot seat.

After much deliberation he told me that he'll be turning me over to the security commander. "Siya na bahala sa'yo, Ma'am," were his last words to me.

They assigned me to Number Two.

I was told that some were surprised at this development - sayang daw yung skill ko. Whatever that meant, personally, I do not mind. To serve the country, is what's on my mind, kahit saan o kanino pa yan. I was told that "N.T." security is a lot more "chill" than her boss', and I should be glad. 

During one of the meetings, they asked me how's working with "Ma'am" so far and "chill" is not the word to describe the experience so far. They laughed.

"Make no mistake," I started. "She's nice and personal and sweet and caring – na-mimiss ko ang nanay whenever she talks to me. But she's as hard working as your principal with much less publicity."

"Kada limang minuto nga ata nagbabago kayo ng ruta," a colleague remarked and we laughed.

"Si Ma'am kasi, bigla nalang ma-iisipan pumunta sa ganito – kasi nabanggit sa kanya ng isang lokal dun. Minsan pupunta dun, mangangamusta lang, minsan mamamalengke ng mga produkto nung lokal tapos ipapamigay yung iba sa amin, tikman daw namin."

"Kaya pala mejo bumibilog ka, ma'am," another colleague said and I laughed and blushed at the compliment.

"Minsan," a colleague working for N.O. chipped in, "nagtanong si Eagle kung nasaan si Sparrow tapos sabi namin Location A, tapos tinext daw niya, sabi nasa Location B daw." 

"Di daw niya alam sino papaniwalaan niya sa amin.

We laughed. "Ni-radyo ulit namin sila dela Cruz sabi namin, updated yung ibigay sa amin na location tapos Location C na ung sinabi, puta nakakabuang." Everyone laughed harder.

"Ganito kasi," I started while trying to suppress my laughter, "if I remember correctly, nasa roundabout kami nun tapos Location A talaga ung punta so dun pumasok initially kaso si Ma'am sabi sa Location B daw muna, tapos nung midway na sabi niya mas malapit ata Location C so dun nalang pala. Magaling mag-maniobra at mabilis si Xavier magmaneho, o mabagal lang talaga mag-transmit ang radyo nyo." I explained as the men laughed.