Guerrilla Part 6

--

"Pasensya ka na ah, wala akong sinabing palipatin ka," She told me with a concerned face as she sat beside me.

"Ay ma'am, ok na po, do not worry, hehe, nailabas ko na ung inis ko kay Kuya," I tell her shyly. My boring life left me all of a sudden I am not sure if I really wanted it.

Here I am, talking to the Vice President after meeting the President just a few hours ago. I initially plan to give VP Robredo the book signed by the President because he wrote Leni instead of Benny and now, I'm talking to her.

"Ok lang bang tabi tayo?" She asked me as she smiled that her dimples showed.

I was blinded by the light.

"O-po," I still managed to say.

She started chatting me. I found out that half of the bus is her security detail and sometimes she still feels ashamed by the entourage. She asked me what I'm going to do in Naga and I remember the book. I gave it to her.

Her eyes bulged when she saw the President's face on the cover.

"Ma'am Leni," I started, looking at her. "Binili ko yan kanina tapos nakita ko si Presidente sa mall at nagawa kong ipaautograph ito. Eh, sa ingay at gulo ng mga tao, hindi ko inexpect ung nangyari kaya I decided to go to Naga to give the book personally to you."

She just looked at me at first.

"Anong kinalaman ko sa nangyari?"

"E kasi ma'am," I started and opened the book to the page where the President signed and pointed out to her. "He misheard my name. Sabi ko Benny, Leni ung sinulat niya."

The VP read his message again.

"To Leni,

Know your enemy.

Rodrigo"

She read this for a while before she looked back at me.

"E sa'yo ito e," She managed to say.

"E sa'yo ung dedication e. Ok lang ma'am, I can buy again. Sabi nga ni Presidente e, Know your enemy. Makatulong ito sa inyo, hehe."

She looked at the book for a while, opened some pages. I just look at her. She looked back at me.

"Benny, salamat."

"No problem ma'am! Alam mo bang dapat eto lang ipunta ko sa Naga kaso nasabihan ko na ung friend ko dun tapos nabili ko narin tong seat, e tuloy nalang ako dun. Mamasyal nalang ako no?"

She stared at me for a while. Her features soften until she smiled really nicely again. She held my hand.

"Gusto mo ba, ipasyal kita?" She offered. It's my eyes turn to bulge.

--