Parent Trap (Part 3)

Sunday, August 26, 2018

Mama and I looked at each other. What the hell is going on, I thought and probably Mama thought too.

The gate opened again, this time widely and we saw the young girl in sando and shorts as she pressed her hand on her rather disheveled hair, trying to fix it. She's wearing earphones and she removed one earpiece.

"Sorry, I am doing the laundry." She said.

Mama smiled. "Good afternoon, Ma'am." She greeted her again.

Her eyes bulged. "I am no ma'am, ikaw ang ma'am," she said as she extended her hand. Mama took it.

"Veronica,"

"Leni. This is my daughter, Tricia."

She looked at me and offered her hand.

"Veronica,"

"Tricia, nice to meet you."

"Nice to see you too. Papa's expecting you?"

We looked at each other, speechless.

So now this is getting confusing. Akala ko ba "Eagle's requesting to meet you,"? May iba pa bang Eagle?

Mama found her words first. "I received a message that Eagle is requesting to .."

She removed both her earphones. "Okay," she said flatly and moved aside. "Come in,"

We entered the gate as she led us to the front door. I saw the laundry she's doing. She opened the front door.

"Papa!"

We removed our shoes as we entered. She led us to sit at the sofa. It's my first time here and there's no difference entering my friend's house as it is here in the residence of the President.

"Papa!" She shouted again and faced us. "Did you eat na?"

We nodded.

"It's fiesta here so madaming food, do you want anything?"

"Maraming salamat, Veronica." Mama replied.

"Water?" She faced me.

I nodded absent-mindedly.

"PAPA!"

"Ano?" came the voice upstairs.

I looked at her irked face. She sighed heavily. She went to the kitchen to get some water and some food. I looked around and it was so..

Typical.

We heard footsteps slowly come down and Mama stood up. I stood up with her. Veronica came back with her water and a plate of fresh fruits. "Do you eat durian?" she asked me.

I smiled. "Um, not much. Pomelo, yes,"

"Okay." She went back to the table.

The President came into view and was about to say something to his daughter when he saw us.

My eyes bulge as his did too.

He's just wearing house clothes.

----