Guerrilla Part 20

A/N. Last one! Hope you enjoyed! :)

--

We talked about the book but not much since we (the President have read the book, and I) do not want to spoil the VP about its contents. I asked the President to personally give the book to the VP much to me and Erin's delight - and probably some of our viewers online. 

"Salamat Sir, will read and know the enemy, as you said." She told him and we laughed. 

"Sabi ko kay author, nabitin ako," He tells her. "If may di ka maintindihan ma'am, or gusto mo pa more examples, just ask me," He finished and we laughed again.

"Kamusta nga pala pag-iikot nyo dito sa Naga? Napanuod namin yung live kanina e mukhang nag-eenjoy naman kayo, buti nalang may tour guide kayo," She told us as she nodded to Erin behind the camera who's been our tour guide. 

"Actually Ma'am, medyo kinakabahan ako," The President admitted candidly. 

"Kasi sir? Baka kuyugin ka?" The VP relied casually. 

"Pinagsuot nga namin ng sumbrero, Ma'am, pero nginingitian parin ng ibang tao," 

"Mababait naman kami dito sir, tingnan mo nginingitian ka parin," She told us. 

"I enjoyed touring around, really," The President suddenly started, his eyes a bit dreamy. He talked about the churches and shared some of his unique but good (!) thoughts about it, he talked about the museum and told again the story he told us in the museum. He said he was heartbroken, again, seeing the details in the last gallery of the museum. The VP is smiling at him the whole time.

"What I'm not a fan of though, is the food," He said as he finished his good stories. The VP had to laugh.

"Kasi maanghang?"

"Yes and am not used to it, but it does taste good pero maanghang lang, di ko fully maappreicate ba?"

"It takes some getting used to sir, parang ikaw lang," The VP suddenly remarked that we can't help but cheer and comment. 

"Kung isa kang maanghang na bagay, Mr. President," I ask while we all laugh. "Gusto mo ba?" The President laughed heartily.

"Siguro, sili kasi used to na si Ma'am sa akin," The President answered and we all laughed. "Parang durian naman sa amin ma'am, ganun din, acquired taste siya." He shared and she agreed. 

"So, di talaga kayo magkaaway? Just two people trying to get used to each other ganon?" I asked and Erin laughed loudly. "Kasi di ba, if two people try to get used to each other, it's not really a smooth journey." I continued and Erin shouted behind the camera, Push mo pa yan!

The VP just laughed, but she nodded. The President looked amused, his eyes, dreamy. 

"I'm still learning to get used to this, but it's okay," The VP said, looking at the President. "Ginusto ko naman ito e, di ba sir?" 

The President looked at her and replied, "When I took my oath as the President, I told everyone that they should join me for the rough ride ahead. Well, sabi nga ni ma'am e ginusto niya ito, so, 

Let us continue to try to get used to each other until the rough ride is over."

--

When I came back to Manila, I thought everything was a dream. I went back to work and everyone was asking me what the hell happened to me. How did I do what I did - that's when I realized I really did something. 

And I hope it was something worth everyone's time. 

--