I am Iron Man

A/N. It's been a while since I wrote an update here, so here goes! This story is nearing the thousand-mark reads, thank you for your support! :)

--

I am recently appointed as the Chief Protocol Officer by the OP and I am thankful. Our office is in the Malacanang grounds but sometimes, the President asks me to come by his house across the river.

It is one of the days after the election period. Unofficial results are out and it is good at this side of Manila. However, there was no celebration on our part, just another day at the office. One night, I was invited by the President at his home to have dinner.

When we arrived, we noticed that there was a Grandia van parked outside. I smiled to myself – I know who it is in an instant.

We entered Bahay Pangarap but aside from the staff, there was no one else. The President spun around at us, his assistants and security and asked softly.

"Asan siya?"

Apparently, he also knew the owner of the van who came to visit him.

"Nasa loob pa po ng sasakyan sir," said a staff.

"Di nyo man lang pinapasok," he replied softly as he went outside. He walked towards the van and I followed him behind. He knocked at the main door when the PSG alighted from the passenger seat and opened the main door.

A lone figure greeted us with sad eyes but with effervescent smile.

I smiled at her.

"Mr. President," she extended her hand to him as he helped her get out of the van.

"Di kayo pinapasok?" He asked her as he shook her hand.

"Di na po kami nagbakasakali kasi baka di kami payagan, hehe," She told him with that giggle that I was told by security, makes his knees weak –or rather, weaker.

He led her inside, not letting go of her hand as we trail behind, with knowing stares and suppressed smiles. I was told this is not the first time this kind of event happened. The Vice President have been visiting Bahay Pangarap since 2016 – but only a handful of people know.

They settled in a sofa and were served coffee and tea. I tried to make myself useful by going to the kitchen and check on the dinner we will have.

When I returned, I noticed the crestfallen faces of 1 & 2. I had a gut feeling that there will be no dinner but I do not know what will happen next. I just stood there and waited for them.

After a few minutes, I noticed the Vice President slowly stand up and walked towards the President (she was seated across him), who's buried his face on his hands, his elbow on his knees. She stood in front of him and looked down on him. Slowly, she put her hands on the side of his face as she crouched down to level his face. She slowly removed his fingers on his face and held them. She gave him a small smile. She slowly stood up again, pulling him to stand up with her and he obliged. She put his hands on her waist as he bends down to, um,

- nuzzle her neck.

I had to look away.

I bowed down and looked at my shoes for as long as I can remember.

When I looked up, they were slowly walking to the dark corridor on the left. He was leading her and they were holding each other's hand. I looked around me and their security details surprisingly, just let them be – but they were smiling.

"Does this happen often?" I asked one of them.

No response, just another knowing smile.

--