A Rumor in Moscow

A/N. This is a sudden, light (but timely haha) update triggered by recent turn of events and some theories about our favourite ship <3 Enjoy! :)

--

October 1, 2019, 7 pm, Manila

It's that time of the month. Again.

I prepare myself as I embark on a journey to another country so sudden that even my soul has no time to prepare. I pack my bags light as much as possible, as I will need to carry all the other burden my principal will ask of me.

Make no mistake, I'm not complaining. I'm just telling myself to prepare better this time. I do not know what tasks will be asked of me again that is not in my original mandate. I put a 45 calibre in my pocket, take my bag and prepare to leave.

--

We ride a small car to the tarmac. It's just I and my principal – the second highest official in the land. We will be boarding a private jet bound for Moscow – all of a sudden. I look at her in the rear view mirror and she's looking at her phone, probably informing her kids that she had to leave the country – now.

There was no notice, days before today that we'll be taking this flight – I was just informed last night that I was chosen to join the Vice President as her "EA" or Executive Assistant – meaning, I will be doing everything her EA does plus providing her security, which is originally my mandate. When I raised my concern that it will be challenging, I was told that Ma'am would like to limit her expenses as she was not really part of the official entourage to Moscow – and limiting means, if kaya gawin ng isa lahat, isa nalang.

"Okay ka lang, M?"

I look back at the rear view mirror and saw two big, brown eyes look at me and I came back to my senses. I nodded and gave her a swift smile. She smiled back and nodded. I felt my cheeks warm up. Her smile is really one of an angel's.

--

October 1, 2019, 11 pm, Russia

We arrive in Moscow and I lead her to where the security of the President leads us. I was surprised that she only brought a bag pack and she did not even ask me to carry it for her. She just followed me quietly while one of the security men briefs her of the President's schedule.

"Di naman ako tatagal dito ano? I mean, the President has official business as soon as he got here so ayoko naman makigulo," I heard her tell the Presidential Assistant.

"Don't worry ma'am, we will ensure the President follows his schedule – and that includes you."

--

We were told that most of the President's team were not informed about our presence and more rightly so. I was also informed that the President would just like to talk to my principal about something that "matters most for both of them" "over dinner". We're expected to have that dinner tomorrow, prior to us leaving the country.

I helped her settle down in her room. I told her that "I'll just be outside if she needs anything".

"Maraming Salamat, M, let me know also if I'm needed," she said with a tap on the shoulder and smile.

I was told that since I'm functioning as an EA, I can stay with my principal inside her room for any instructions that she may have but I just opt to act more like I'm supposed to be – her security. However, I also started attending to any concerns back home, most of which are administrative tasks and summarize the information before I relay back to my principal.

"Marco?"

I looked up and saw Robert, the Presidential Assistant. I stood up and nodded to him.

"Robert, nga pala," We shook hands. "Ah, tomorrow evening, may impromptu meeting si Sir with some students sa isang school, after which, magdinner na sila ni Ma'am. How is she?"