Guerrilla Part 10

--

"Mr. President?"

"Yes ma'am. How are you? And this is your friend?" He shook my hand and Erin's hand as well.

"Erin, sir," was the only words she managed to say despite her very talkative attitude.

"Thank you for coming," He said and we just looked at him.

"O, sino magtatanong sa akin about the book?" He said as he sit down on one of the seats in front of the camera. Erin pointed at me.

"Benny, dito ka," He motioned me to sit on the chair beside me. It looked like we'll be doing a one-on-one interview. I sat down and saw someone turn on the lights and stand behind the camera. Hala ka.

"Sir, bakit may video?"

"Records ng RTVM, I hope you don't mind."

"Makikita ako sa TV?"

"Hindi. Records lang nila."

"Ah," I have so many questions for him and I do not know what to ask next. "Um sir, ano pag-uusapan natin?"

"Yung libro di ba?"

"Ay oo nga pala, pero di naman ikaw author nito," I tell him and he laughed.

"Di ba mas persuasive evidence ako kasi ako ung sinulat?"

I laughed at his comment, which is right. "Ay oo nga pala, hehe," I look at Erin and she is asking me to relax and just don't mind the camera. My introvert self is rejecting it – I'm nervous to be talking to the President and recorded by the staff of the Palace – di ko kaya.

Pero kung sarili ko kayang camera?

"O ano, can we start? Ask me anything." He told me, smiling.

I haven't read the book yet so I do not know what to discuss to him. I'm supposed to ask the author his journey in writing the book and related stuff but the person in front of me right now is not the author so I have to do something.

My YOLO life concept is smirking at me and pushing me to the edge of insanity and asking me questions like - why is the President in Naga? The VP is also here today. Are they meeting each other? I thought they are enemies?

Enemies ba talaga sila?

It is my YOLO chance to find out.

An idea hit me.

I look at my phone and the President. He's still smiling at me. I smiled back, straightened my back sitting and took my phone.

"Sir, do you know vlogging?"

--