Guerrilla Part 13

--

We started our vlog by introducting ourselves and walking outside the hotel. The President, for some reason told us that he wanted to be introduced as Rody, the Attorney (rhyme not intended). We agreed to not treat him like the President he is / Mayor that he was. The agreement with security was they're going to follow us around but not too close. Thank god the President imposed his position to convince them for us. At first, talking to him was awkward but he was a natural storyteller. We rode a tricycle to the Plaza and my local friend Erin decided to play tour guide to us. I noticed some people take a picture of us but I cannot mind now.

Though am sure in a matter of minutes, it will be all over Naga that the President is just walking casually around the city.

We went through local restaurants and tried some food. We found out that the President is not found of spicy food.

"Ay Atty, uwi ka na, lahat ng pagkain dito maanghang." Erin told him, taking a video of him eating a small spoonful of authentic bicol express.

"Oo nga Atty, pati ice cream dito maanghang." I chimed in and we laughed. I can feel the stares of some locals.

"Ung sardinas nyo ba dito ma'am, maanghang din?" He asked Erin and we laughed. He started narrating that he never got used to spicy food that's why he has low tolerance for it.

We went to some churches after eating. Erin told him a brief history about each church and in turn he narrated stories of the churches he attended back home in Mindanao. We persuaded him to enter some churches.

"Atty, wag ka matakot kay Lord, forgiving siya. Iniisip mo palang na magkakasala ka, pinapatawad ka na niya," I joked to him and we all laughed. We are now comfortable with each other.

"Baka masunog ako dito," He quipped inside the Cathedral and we laughed.

"Ok yun Atty, at least puwede ka ng pampahid sa mga noo namin sa Ash Wednesday," Erin told him and we suppressed our laughter inside the church.

--