Fast Talk

A/N: This update is as fast as its title. HAHAHAHA! Enjoy :)

--

We were invited by the President to attend the cabinet meeting today – the problem is, today is my boss' birthday.

"We can say no," I tell her as she tries to keep her cool. Halatang nangarag ang ate mo girl nung narinig niya yung invite ni Presidente.

"We can't," She told me as she put on a fighting mode face on but for some reason it made me laugh.

"What?" She asked me, a smile slowly creeping in her lips.

"Ma'am, birthday mo today," I tell her and at this point both of us are smiling already.

"So? Di mo ba ako babatiin?" She asked me, her lips pouting.

"Happy birthday Ma'am Leni!!" I raised both of my hands in the air and hugged her tight. She hugged me back. After a while, we looked at each other again and laughed.

"Let's go!" She held my arm as she pulled me out of her room.

--

We arrived at the cabinet meeting, almost in time before the President was about to come. I sat on the chair just behind her to provide her any immediate support she would need during the meeting.

"Coffee break," Spokesperson Panelo announced after a 2-hour non-stop discussion. As I lean forward towards my boss to ask her if she needs anything, the spokesperson suddenly cleared his throat again on the mic.

"Welcome, Ma'am Leni to your first cabinet meeting after quite some time," He started and everybody suddenly looked at us and smiled. My boss just nodded but I can feel her uneasiness. "Well, we have a new rule just recently that in every cabinet meeting, someone from the cabinet meeting attendees, not necessarily a cabinet member, will play a game - and for this meeting, it is your turn!" He finished as everyone clapped their hands and cheered my boss on. Akala ko babatiin nila siya ng Happy Birthday, nakakaloka.

She's smiling but looks a bit uneasy. She looked at me for answers. I just nodded my head at first, not knowing what to do as well. Secretary Lorenzana to her right, cheered her on by saying that he was the "taya" last time and it is an easy game. Everybody played it, the same questions are asked to everybody, added Secretary Ano. My boss now stood up, much to the delight of everyone and looked at me again, this time, with more confidence in her eyes. I nodded again at her and held her hand tight.

Happy birthday, Ma'am Leni.

--

She's now standing at the front of the room with Spokesperson Panelo. When everyone is back from their break, there was chattering and the President looked at a bit surprised that it was the VP who's going to play the game today.

"I ask the same questions to everybody, Ma'am VP. Kahit tanong mo pa sila Berna and the others. Thank you for attending this meeting today kasi, nakalaro na lahat ng suki sa cabinet meetings." He said and everyone laughed. "Okay, this game is called "Fast Talk". I will ask 5 questions, and you'll answer them, agad agad."

"Parang ung sa Tonight With Boy Abunda?" My boss asked him and everyone laughed. He nodded at her.

"Tama! Basta the key is, walang masyadong isip sa sagot, in a second or two, you should state your answer. Explanation will be made later." He added and everyone clapped their hands. My hands are sweaty already.

"Ready na, Ma'am VP?"

"Ready," she said, smiling.

"Okay, here goes."

I took a deep breath and looked at the President.

--

"Lights on or lights off?"

"On."

Cheers everywhere. I had to suppress my smile.

"Top or bottom?"

I gulped and look at my boss' face. She looks cool so far.

"Top."

Louder cheers with some clapping.

"Chocolates or sex?"

My boss paused and thought for a second. I'm a bit surprised because I know she would choose chocolates in a heartbeat.

"And, hindi puwede?" She answered much to the sheer delight of everyone in the room as some burst clapping their hands.

"Puwedeng puwede! Teka, may 2 questions pa!" Spox Panelo shouted through the cheers of everyone. The President look highly amused. I can't help but smile sa teasing ni Ma'am.

"Boy or girl?"

"Boy," Ma'am said in a heartbeat.

"Finally, bukas o ngayon?" I can't help but laugh at the last question.

"Ngayon," she finished as everyone clapped their hands, some even stood up and cheered. The President is smiling from ear to ear and clapping his hands softly as a PSG came to him and whispered something to him. The PSG nodded to his answer then he left.

"O teka teka, papa-explain pa natin kay VP yung mga sagot niya di ba?" Spox Panelo told everyone in the room and asked them to settle down. Ma'am is a bit red on the face now but she nodded at me, signalling she is ok but she's wiping some sweat on her philtrum.

--

"O sige ma'am, umpisahan natin sa first question na lights on or lights off. Bakit lights on? Karamihan ng sagot ng mga tao dito sa tanong na yan e lights off, pero iba ka. Anong explanation?"

"Para nakikita ko," She answered shortly that made some cabinet members laugh loudly. Ma'am is on a roll because she looks so calm and cool even though I know deep inside she's nervous.

"E yung top o bottom? Bakit top?"

"Gusto ko kasi I'm in control," She said and I had to laugh at this one. A lot follow suit and even clapped their hands. The President still look amused.

"I really like this game, it reveals a lot of about our personality, don't you think?" The Spox told the room more rather than Ma'am but she laughed at his remark.

"Yung sagot mo sa chocolates or sex, unique a. Tatanong ko pa ba bakit "and" ung sagot mo?" The Spox was laughing even before he finished his question.

"Puwede naman sabay di ba?" VP asked innocently that Secretary Puyat squealed and clapped her hands. Everyone cheered on. For some reason, my boss knew how to turn things around to her favor.

"Boy o girl, bakit boy?"

"Wala kasi akong baby boy. Gusto ko talaga ng baby boy," My boss explained to Spox sincerely. I look at the President looking at her and after a while he looked at me – and winked.

"Finally, ngayon o bukas, bakit ngayon?"

"Di ko alam kung may bukas pa, kaya ngayon na." She ended and everyone gave her a standing ovation right there and there. Even the President stood up for her.

"O dahil, ngayon na ang pinili mo, ma'am VP – " The Spox started and I saw one of the PSGs bring in a cake from the front door.

"Happy birthday VP!!" Everyone cheered.

--

The cabinet members sang her a happy birthday song while Spox Panelo held her cake. Everyone was suddenly very happy and in a festive mood. I look at my boss and her eyes are twinkling in the candle light. The President is also singing for her.

"Happy birthday, Leniiii.. o, wish muna then blow the cake," Spox Panelo told her as she look at her cake. Some phone cameras are now ready to take her picture or video. I also lifted my phone up.

She closed her eyes and everyone was quiet. After a few seconds, she blew her candle and everyone was snapping a picture or a recording a video and cheering. The President just stood there looking at the wonderful moment with his own eyes, clapping his hands, beaming widely.

--