Guerrilla Part 4

--

I was already at the bus terminal, half past 8. I texted my friend in Naga who I thought can accompany me in giving the Vice President the autographed book. I ride the bus and saw my seat. Indeed, a big, soft, massage, lazy boy seat – for a hefty price of 2,000php, it looks like it's going to be worth it.

I put down my bag on the side and sat comfortably. I opened again the book and saw a small paper with a number on it.

0917xxxxxxx

Kanino naman kayang number ito? I thought. Maybe the author's, in case I have questions or comments about his book. I saved the number and for some reason, the adrenaline rush in me told my brain that I reach out to him to thank him for his book kahit na di ko pa nababasa.

I decided to text him first.

"Hi Sir, I am excited to read your book! Congratulations! – Benny"

I press send and wait for the reply.

After a while, my phone rang. It was the number. I am shocked! My boring life is now taking another turn! I picked up the call.

"Hello?"

"Benny ka pala, kala ko Leni,"

Huh???

I looked at my text message to him and I clearly wrote, Benny. What the hell does he mean? Kilala ba nya ako?

"Um, yes sir, this is Benny, I just bought a copy of your book and I would just like to congratulate you, po."

"Ah, thank you. Do you want to talk about it?"

Huh 2.0???

My mind tells me to say yes to this so I just decided to take this leap of faith, ano ba naman ung makausap ko ung author ng book na randomly ko lang nakita sa bookstore and binili di ba?

"Sige sir! When po kaya kayo free?"

"Ikaw ba?"

My mind went blank for a while. "Um, basta wag tonight and tomorrow since I'll be at Naga po."

Silence.

"Ah, ok, see you sa Naga tomorrow."

Huh 3.0???

"Sir? Sige po saan po sa Naga, puwede po siguro sa –"

He hung up before I get to finish my sentence.

--