Chapter 3: I'm sorry...

*edited* ~ 15 / 02 / 2015

Hiccup

I lay on my bed, eyes wide open. Repeatedly rolling over trying to block out my thoughts and feelings. Trying to sleep. But it's no good. My heart was competing against my mind, both fighting an equally ferocious battle - neither one winning or losing.

'I love Astrid!' my heart shouted.

'No I don't!' my mind barked back in defiance not so sure of itself. What to do, what to do. I turned onto my other side and closed my eyes. I was screaming on the inside but words failed to escape my lips, that seemed to have been cast off from my mind. Leaving me reeling.

Toothless began to purr with worry. It's a wonder that I could still hear it through all of the overwhelming and echoing thoughts.

"It's alright bud," I reassured him, patting his head softly. "It's alright-" I repeated, but am cut off abruptly, a pain surfacing causing me to sit up suddenly cradling my head in my arms. "Urgh!" I groaned loudly, picturing Astrid in my head, her sided braid crossing her face, her bangs covering her deep blue eyes. I swiped them away, her skin was so soft I could touch it forever. Her most gorgeous smile, oh that smile. I moved my hand down to touch her precious lips only wishing that it was my lips touching them not my fingers. She breathed heavily and I leant in, I was almost there, I could feel her breath fanning softly against my cheek, her soft skin against my hard stubble.

***

Waking up with a start, a cold gripped onto my arms like a blizzard, with only one thing on my mind, Astrid. Seemed like my heart had won the battle. Finally. I had to see her. Walking over to my window,  then opening up my curtains to the sight of the sun rising over Berks mountains in the distance; such a beautiful view just like my Astrid. I quickly dressed myself in my armour and changed my pegged leg. Toothless tilted his head at me. Staring right down into my soul. I patted his head.

"I'm thinking the exact same thing bud." I told him, gesturing for him to follow me with my arms. The nice, sweet breeze of the morning flooded my eardrums along with the terrible terrors singing on the rooftops. "This is going to be the day!" spreading my arms wide in anticipation, I turned back around to pat Toothless on the head once again, before heading back down the stairs. I never felt so alive. This is the day that I get my Astrid back where she belongs. Astrids home wasn't that far from mine but I hopped on Toothless anyway I wanted to get to hers as fast as I could.

After heading outside, I hopped onto Toothless' back. "Come on bud," I patted his side as we zoomed off, feeling the soft breeze blowing my hair back and soothing the now depleting headache.

After a matter of seconds we eventually landed in front of Astrids house. Breathing in heavily, I stoked up the courage, jumping off Toothless' back, my helmet under my right arm as I made my way towards Astrids door. Sweat tumbling from my palm as I rubbed my fingers together trying to calm myself down. It was just Astrid, what was there to be afraid of. As I drew in one last dying breath, I lifted my fist up to her door, hesitating for a split second as I attempted to mull over my non-helpful thoughts. Here goes nothing...

knock,

knock,

knock,

The entire way here I had been rehearsing what I was going to say, thinking either way she will be mine again - now, I'm not so sure. The door opened as I stood upright forcing a quivering tight smile, attempting to change it into my knee-dropping cheesy grin - I knew that affected her.

"H-" I couldn't finish my sentence before my entire world went black.

HEY GUYS! THANKS FOR READING!

WAS IT GOOD?

BAD?

PLEASE COMMENT, VOTE AND FOLLOW!