Chapter 32: Finding Astrid

*unedited*

Hiccup

I knock the guards out before grabbing Astrid. She is almost unrecognisable. Most of her body is swollen. She is swollen everywhere. I can only seem to recognise her by her face. Untouched I wonder why. Who did this to her? The name on the letter was smudged so I have no idea. I stroke her cheek. She's so pale. What I would give to see those bright blue eyes shining up at me. Whoever did this to her is so going to pay. I left Toothless waiting outside, I better hurry. If you are wondering how I got here's a little flashback...

**************************************

My mum wasn't here. She had left to attend to some urgent business apparently. I should have gone but couldn't due to the wedding...

What do I do?

Suddenly someone burst inside.

"Snotlout what's up?" I looked at him, I could see the concern in his eyes.

"Hiccup, we can't find her she's nowhere on Berk-"

"NO! She has to be here! Leave no stone unturned! Check every cave, tree, den. No one rests until Astrid is safe and sound! Now go!" I shout at him. I know she's not here. But if she's not here then where could she be? Normally I would have received a ransom by now. What if she ran away? I have to find her, it's all my fault. I pull at my hair frustratedly and pick up my helmet.

"come on bud..." I call over Toothless as I exit my house. Only to be blocked by Merida.

"Wha's up handsome?" she flirted.

"not now Merida!" I snapped at her. Why did she always turn up when I was looking or chasing after Astrid, what is her problem?

She seemed a bit shocked as I pushed her out of my way. I hopped on Toothless and took off. I was going to the cove I need to think. Where would she go?

Merida

How dare he! That blonde ain't even here and she's still foiling my plans! Why can't I have something go right for once. Where is that witch anyway? She should have been here by now. Urgh! Why do I have to do everything myself?! I hopped on my dragon, Raven, which Hiccup had helped me tame when he was under his love trance. I wish it could have been real though...

I hopped on to Raven. She gave a little purr as I scratched her right beneath the chin. Hiccups right they are really remarkable creatures...

"Come on Raven, let's go!" I shout as we lift off into the sky. It should take about a day for me to reach Dunbroch. Just enough time to make Hiccup mine...

Hiccup

I had been at the cove for at least two hours and Toothless was getting bored so I send him home.

"you go on ahead bud I'll catch up..." It will give me more time to think. He warbles before running off in the direction of the village. Poor Toothless it's sad that he can't fly.

I just walk back to Berk. She take about half an hour but I can search for Astrid whilst I walk anyway. Suddenly something comes out of the sky at me pouncing on me.

I groan. My head

"what was that?" I ask myself holding my head. "S-Stormfly?" What? I quickly push her away and check her back. I'm excited for a moment more than I have been in days, I'm happy. But she wasn't there. My smile dissapeared as fast as it had came. But if Astrids not here, then where is she? She would never leave Stormfly. She must be in trouble. Stormfly nudges me she has something in her claws. What is that. I grab it.

It's a letter. For me? Why did I never recieve this? It's a bit shredded due to Stormflys talons.

"where did you find this girl?" I ask hopping on her back. We take off and land not so far from where we were before. She nudged her head towards the bush.

"In this bush?" she squawks. Dragons really are very intelligent creatures. I scratch her under her chin.

"Good girl!" I praise her before opening up the letter.

Dear Hiccup,

I think you may have noticed by now that a little &^\$#@$ is missing. You know who it *&. You either \$$/ me at a nearby *&(;@# 2 hours @^?/¡ of your own. Just )^?. 2 ¡^?" time. If you fail to \$$/ then you can say €^^#=)$ to your (*//($. Quite fetching if I do say so myself. I better go 'whip' her into shape...

yours truly from @$$^#&&/^&&/

Why is it that Stormfly conveniently rips the most important parts? Wait did he say that he was going to 'whip' her, my Astrid? If he even lays a finger on her he's going to be so dead! As I look to the bottom of it I see something stuck to it. Astrids hair...

Could this guy get anymore stupid?

"Stormfly I need you to find Eret we need Skullcrusher!" I know I could just go find one myself but it will take much longer as Sniffer dragons are hard to come across and not as friendly as others.

Stormfly quickly obliges. Whilst I decide to head home to try and decifer this message. It's the one thing I'm good at. Then I look once again at the letter. What's this? Astrids blood... My blood boils. He hurt her. He's going to pay.

"don't worry Astrid I'm coming for you..." I whisper into the air.

HEY GUYS WHAT YOU THINK? YAY! HICCUP CAN FINALLY GO SAVE ASTRID! LET'S HOPE HE GETS THERE IN TIME!

GOOD?

BAD?

LOOK OUT FOR MY NEXT CHAPTER!

COMMENT, VOTE AND FOLLOW!